2015 Insignia tourer wiring diagram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2015 Insignia tourer wiring diagram

Does anyone know a link to a full wiring diagram for a 2015 Insignia SRi tourer ( 2.0 turbo petrol )?

Originally posted by Cavaddict View Post
    Does anyone know a link to a full wiring diagram for a 2015 Insignia SRi tourer ( 2.0 turbo petrol )?
    If you find one please fwd link, dont need one but just like having just in case. also being in the electrical trade I like diagrams.

Comment

Will do but they seem to be in very short supply

Comment

Thanks Will also start digging round.

Comment

Wiring diagrams are like gold dust!

I never found one for my 09 siggy after three years of searching!

I do think I came across a 2015 one on insignia-enthusiast but that forum is no more 😔

Comment

Weird isn’t it.....used to be common place and easy to find. Hmmmph

Comment

I think it's because there's too many 'computers' involved these days. Back in the day it was battery to fuse/relay to some electrical item to ground/body. Now you can guarantee some 'control unit' is inline with that. Any wiring diagram is basically useless unless u know how the control unit operates.

For instance, my Haynes manual shows all illumination wiring goes back to the body control unit. My research suggests there is four parts to the BCU in different locations. Which part the illumination wire plugs in to is beyond me. I have no idea how much current I can draw from the illumination feed without damaging the BCU either. The only safe way is to now use the illumination feed to trip a relay which provides a 12V supply from the battery. It's a lot of work just for some disco lights! 😂😂

Comment

I know what you mean about the ecu’s.....bloody things are everywhere!!
                I’m just rebuilding an accident damaged one and had a load of sheared wiring and a good old fashioned diagram would have saved a lot of testing work. Tis all done now, but to have had the wiring colour codes would have been soooo much easier. I guess these days though, we’re not supposed to repair cars and just take them to the main stealer.

Comment

One of the things with the modern cars is there is many many diagrams to cover a specific car, for example Citroens use some software which allows you to enter A code (known as RPO number) which is spec specific + year + options fitted to your chassis number this then displays dozens of links taking you deeper into the area of interest then displaying the circuits relevant to that function, I once started to print each section one by one but gave up as there must have been 100 or so.

Comment

Just done search on the auction for "Vauxhall Insignia Factory Workshop Service & Repair Manual 2013 TO 2017 + Wiring" claims to have wiring diagrams but DONT take my word for it, Its one of them things that I am bit weary of as there selling a link to a download and I'v found sometimes they work and sometimes they don't.

Comment

Originally posted by Cavaddict View Post
                      I know what you mean about the ecu’s.....bloody things are everywhere!!
                      I’m just rebuilding an accident damaged one and had a load of sheared wiring and a good old fashioned diagram would have saved a lot of testing work. Tis all done now, but to have had the wiring colour codes would have been soooo much easier. I guess these days though, we’re not supposed to repair cars and just take them to the main stealer.
                      I just had to replace my back window and under the black border around the glass I found 6 yellow wires all strapped together. Never seen them before and had no idea they were there. Now I'm having to strip all the trim off to find out what the hell they are for. Only things back there are the brake light and plate lights but I already know the cables for them. Wiring diagrams are an essential tool of the trade when messing with electrics!

Comment

Originally posted by ilunn View Post
                        Just done search on the auction for "Vauxhall Insignia Factory Workshop Service & Repair Manual 2013 TO 2017 + Wiring" claims to have wiring diagrams but DONT take my word for it, Its one of them things that I am bit weary of as there selling a link to a download and I'v found sometimes they work and sometimes they don't.
                        I'm never paying for just a download link. It's probably just a Haynes manual 😂 I will stick to probing to work out what's what for now

Comment

Could they be something to do/or for the addition of rear view camera or possibly towbar electrics.

Comment

Working...
                          X