1st time owner and new member having problems 👨🏻*🔧

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st time owner and new member having problems 👨🏻*🔧

My first post on here as a fairly new Insignia owner and member so Hello!

So I’m not sure if this has been covered but Im experiencing some random warning lights appearing 2010 Cdti. Sometimes the stereo decides to turn off and the led screen disappears? I also get no sound when indicating. This happens on and off along with service air bag (which is more regular) service park assist, service stability Trak. Owned it since Jan 2017 and had it serviced in February 2017 to make sure all was good.

Had a new battery about 3/4 months ago and drive 25 mile one way to work on motorway. Tamworth to Solihull.

Hello,I would get the system read for any fault codes,but you could try and disconnect the battery to see if it resets everything.
    Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
    Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Okay, thanks. Is it a case off disconnect and reconnect or should I leave it an amount of time? Anything else I should know before doing this? Thanks again

Comment

Disconnect for good half hour,the Insignia will tell you to power down/up the windows in order-all else will be fine.
        Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
        Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Great, thanks. I’ll report back tomorrow

Comment

And welcome along,hope you sort your issues.
            sigpic

Comment

Hi,

Yeah I'd have said try the battery dc trick. Hope you get it sorted. Get some pics of the car on when you get time!
              2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Welcome

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
                Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Welcome buddy

Comment

Maybe a canbus issue. As already stated get fault codes read. Stereo/parking sensors/ indicators are all connected I'm unsure of the others

Comment

Welcome
                      LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
                        Hi,

Yeah I'd have said try the battery dc trick. Hope you get it sorted. Get some pics of the car on when you get time!
                        Just got back from work so about to try it out. Had no fault lights and stereo was working as normal this morning (which it hasn’t done for a good month or so.) which is really weird. Driving back from work though it was just the stereo.

I’ll upload some pics as soon as I go somewhere that isn’t next to a brick wall 😂

Comment

Originally posted by Witty View Post
                          Welcome

Thank you

��

Comment

Just wanted to update anyone reading this, had various codes come up including a maf sensor code. However the only dash board light that shows is airba still and could not even be recognised on the diagnostics. Prior to this post I had checked out the pre tensioner as this can sometimes relate to airbag light issues. Upon further inspection I’ve noticed all the electrics under the passenger seat are all over the place and not even fastened to the seat anymore which has been dragging back and forth when the seat is moved which has (I think) loosened some questionable bodge work. I think previous owner dabbled with the wires as they have been snipped and connected back together with electric tape. Think I’m gonna work through each one and re-do them with crimpers to see if the light goes off. Obviously disconnecting the battery before hand.

If this doesn’t work should I try anything else? Open to recommendations. Thanks

Comment

To anyone interested. This worked out as expected. All sorted. So if you have an airbag light check this out ����

Comment

Working...
                              X