• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Navi 900 Latest Map Updates

Hi

Anybody got a link to the latest map or a update they can share with me
    I nearly dropped through my dealers floor when I seen the price of them
    the salesman who sold me the car said it automatically updates itself ??
    I now know he was telling me porkies...

I'm sure we can come to some arrangement if made available ?
    Last edited by huey45; 17-09-2018, 11:56 PM. Reason: omission of text

Facelifts need to be updated via usb which is vin coded to your car when you order it so there's no chance of anybody sharing with you I'm afraid.
    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

You got Android Auto or Car Play? Use Waze, Google maps, iPhone maps etc.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
      Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Which insignia do you have. Is it the preface or facelift? There are 2 called Navi 900.

Comment

Originally posted by sriray View Post
          Which insignia do you have. Is it the preface or facelift? There are 2 called Navi 900.
          Mine is first registered May 2016, I guess its a face lift model ??
          thanks for reply

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
            You got Android Auto or Car Play? Use Waze, Google maps, iPhone maps etc.
            Hi I have just downloaded and put onto my Android Mobi, Android Auto, Waze, and also have "Herewego, on mobile as a none Android Auto app"
            Thanks for reply...

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
              Facelifts need to be updated via usb which is vin coded to your car when you order it so there's no chance of anybody sharing with you I'm afraid.
              Surely some techno wizard must know of a Vin Coded work around, there must be a file on the usb stick, to change ?

Comment

Originally posted by huey45 View Post
                Surely some techno wizard must know of a Vin Coded work around, there must be a file on the usb stick, to change ?
                Not heard of anyone working around it.
                2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
                  Not heard of anyone working around it.
                  If I was clever with computers, which I am not, I would look at the file structure on the usb pen
                  then edit the necessary file to remove *in checker or disable it, it may be like a switch
                  binary on=1 binary off=0, I think VX has a cheek, charging so much for updates
                  when we support them, buying their cars...maybe the answer is dont buy them...

Comment

I thought the same when I bought my siggy.
                    The sat nav is only good if I'm driving at 1am.
                    During the day it carelessly drives me into every traffic jam in Manchester!!!!
                    So I have a 8 inch screen sat nav I don't use and use Google maps on my phone!
                    If I had the know how and money I would have it ripped out and replaced

I haven't updated because I don't think an update would add live traffic
                    North Manchester - Diesel 2.0 litre 2013 facelift SRI VX-LINE CDTIA - Nav 900 Intellilink - 19" Diamond Alloys

Comment

My daughter works for the Vauxhall Main Dealer in Newcastle
                      but I am reluctant to pay £94.20 for part number 39149626 even if she gets discounted price
                      as others have suggested I will try to get Android Auto working on my Sony Xpreria M5 with Projection
                      along with Waze, Google Maps, and HERE We Go, something might work ??

My Insignia, had a scratched Sat Nav screen when I bought it, and I expressed my
                      concern with dealer saying I was not happy about it, and they have said they have a SRI model that
                      is coming in with unmarked screen I believe all Sat Nav head units are the same across the range
                      apart from the 2018 new range, and they will replace mine for good one

God knows what Sat Nav version that will be time will tell !!

Originally posted by Barnoe View Post
                      I thought the same when I bought my siggy.
                      The sat nav is only good if I'm driving at 1am.
                      During the day it carelessly drives me into every traffic jam in Manchester!!!!
                      So I have a 8 inch screen sat nav I don't use and use Google maps on my phone!
                      If I had the know how and money I would have it ripped out and replaced

I haven't updated because I don't think an update would add live traffic
                      Last edited by huey45; 18-09-2018, 02:23 PM. Reason: Text omission

Comment

Originally posted by huey45 View Post
                        My daughter works for the Vauxhall Main Dealer in Newcastle
                        but I am reluctant to pay £94.20 for part number 39149626 even if she gets discounted price
                        as others have suggested I will try to get Android Auto working on my Sony Xpreria M5 with Projection
                        along with Waze, Google Maps, and HERE We Go, something might work ??

My Insignia, had a scratched Sat Nav screen when I bought it, and I expressed my
                        concern with dealer saying I was not happy about it, and they have said they have a SRI model that
                        is coming in with unmarked screen I believe all Sat Nav head units are the same across the range
                        apart from the 2018 new range, and they will replace mine for good one

God knows what Sat Nav version that will be time will tell !!
                        Mine has 2 small feint scratches running horizontal across screen, only winds me up when switched off.
                        To be honest i have used the car sat nav and it seems ok, even warns me about delays when not on a route. Not seen it reroute me yet due to traffic, but my trips usually ivolve only one direct route. It is on a par with Google and Waze in its own way. Google maps has satellite view which always helps, Waze is just easy on the eyes. HereMaps i have always loved but wont work on screen with Android Auto, it seems only Google owned apps work on Android Auto . You can root your Android phone and i believe there is a hack for full screen mirroring.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
                        Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

At least your nav900 has the option of connecting your phone so you can use apps, mine doesn't.
                          For something that takes up half the dash it's a bit crap tbh
                          North Manchester - Diesel 2.0 litre 2013 facelift SRI VX-LINE CDTIA - Nav 900 Intellilink - 19" Diamond Alloys

Comment

Yeah mine has live traffic updates as I found out recently when I ignored it and ran smack bang into a jam behind a slow moving abnormal load.

Android auto is ok but it's a pain remembering to plug your phone into the usb each time you want to use it. I've only bothered with it a few times for testing. It would be so much better if it connected via bluetooth like the rest of the phone features.

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
                              Mine has 2 small feint scratches running horizontal across screen, only winds me up when switched off.
                              To be honest i have used the car sat nav and it seems ok, even warns me about delays when not on a route. Not seen it reroute me yet due to traffic, but my trips usually ivolve only one direct route. It is on a par with Google and Waze in its own way. Google maps has satellite view which always helps, Waze is just easy on the eyes. HereMaps i have always loved but wont work on screen with Android Auto, it seems only Google owned apps work on Android Auto . You can root your Android phone and i believe there is a hack for full screen mirroring.

Thanks for that info, my phone is still stock, but I can use cast, to throw things at home tv, will look into mirroring...

Comment

Working...
                              X