Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does 2013 Insignia CDTI Eco have brake hold?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does 2013 Insignia CDTI Eco have brake hold?

Hi, i have the above car, i am also new to driving, only passed recently, i done all my lessons in a Renault Clio 2017 model.

When i was learning to drive, the Renault had brake hold, so as my instructor showed me, if i was driving up to a T junction for example and the give way was a bit steep if i pressed the brake in fairly hard when the car was stopped, when it was time to go, if i took my foot off the brake to do things such as find the bite and also get my foot on the accelerator, the brake would hold the car for around 2 seconds to give you time to get going.

I was wondering if the insignia has anything like this? It doesn't seem to hold at all in comparison to the car i was done my lessons in, the insignia has the electronic hand brake as well which comes off when you have the correct revs etc am i correct?

Does the electronic hand brake know the car is on a hill and therefore would only allow the car to go once it knew the revs where high enough to allow the car to move off safely? Would that be my insignia's version of the brake hold that the Renault had?

Or does is this not something the car does? I just want to make sure to be safe as i don’t want to assume it does this then someday realise it doesn’t hold in this sort of situation.

Thanks

James

Mine has it, 2010 Sri.
    Not sure how it works, but it definitely has it.

Comment

I have a 2013 elite which has it but I’m the same I don’t know the ins and outs of how it actually works

Comment

think all insignias have it
        ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
          think all insignias have it
          I would imagine as my Astra had it as well

Comment

HSA Hill Start Assist.

My Elite has it but nowhere as good as my old 2013 Astra J Sri. Any slight incline, forwards or reverse the brakes held for a few seconds, was a pain at first but i do miss it now.
            On the Insignia you have to really plant the brake pedal to engage it. Astra worked on any touch of brake while stationary. Also a lot shorter hold on Insignia.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
            Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

I have a feeling it works through an electriconic angle sensor rather than pushing the brake pedal harder

Comment

Originally posted by Plym Ian View Post
                I have a feeling it works through an electriconic angle sensor rather than pushing the brake pedal harder
                Yep...inclinometer rings a bell
                Last edited by exclusiv.; 18-09-2018, 12:17 PM.
                ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

So it would work via the electronic parking break and the car would sense its in a hill and go when it knows you have enough revs etc?

Comment

No, it holds on all the brakes for a second or so, if the hill is steep enough without touching the hand brake
                    Last edited by exclusiv.; 18-09-2018, 12:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
                      No, it holds on all the brakes for a second or so, if the hill is steep enough without touching the hand brake
                      Would make sense. Just know its different to Astra, that worked on the slightest incline.

Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

My 14 also holds brakes on with brake lights when stop start cuts the engine.. so when I come to a stop no handbrake just holds itself there it’s a god send

2014 Insignia Facelift, 2.0 CDTI, Ecoflex S/S

Comment

Jordan do you have to press to foot brake in hard though to get it to activate, i must admit i can't think that mines ever just held thats why i couldn't work out if it had it or not, if i just stop say at lights and if its on a bit of a hill and i take my foot off the foot brake it would just start rolling back / forward.

Comment

Originally posted by james_uk View Post
                            Jordan do you have to press to foot brake in hard though to get it to activate, i must admit i can't think that mines ever just held thats why i couldn't work out if it had it or not, if i just stop say at lights and if its on a bit of a hill and i take my foot off the foot brake it would just start rolling back / forward.
                            Exactly same as mine unless i floor the brake pedal first, then it only holds for split second. Need to investigate this further i think.

Speaking of start / stop, what really annoys me is reverse onto drive, out of gear and handbrake, engine stops, open door to get shopping out of back, engine restarts on door opening

Comment

My 2011 SRi has it but honestly it feels like you have to be on a vertical climb for it to work (and it’s very short), I treat it like it doesn’t exist and just activate the electronic handbrake and pull away using the auto disengage.

Comment

Working...
                              X