clutch / dmf issue ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clutch / dmf issue ?

got a 2016 2ltr sri cdti with 34k on the clock and was looking for a bit of advice etc re the following

im not technically minded when it comes to clutches, done most things on cars as a diy'er but never them so not sure about issues / troubleshooting them tbh

theres a been a few good times most hill starts where ive pulled away and the power seems to disappear and have to dip the clutch again to stop a stall, theres also an intermittent vibration coming from both the accelerator and the clutch pedal, had the wheels balanced recently after this started , still the same, thought maybe change in road surface but it came and went on a new section of the M8 motorway

my boys just started an apprenticeship as a mechanic and was talking to the owner and he had a wee shot of the car and says the clutch feels like its slipping a bit and could be a dmf issue as well re the vibration,

anyone got any other opinions etc thanks

i have always felt the insignia had incorrect ratios in manual, many stall it when they first get them, i was no exception, even after 30 years driving i stalled . Quite low miles for dmf failure but not unheard of.

Comment

Working...
    X