Tyre Pressures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyre Pressures

Ok, today's messing about was with the tyre pressure system. Flicked through all the different settings and see the system has its own set points for load, eco etc.
    According to the manual there are lots of different options to have tyre pressures at, most of which actually go against recommended pressures.

So when cold my fronts are 31-32 and rears are 34-35, once up and running it varies fronts are 32-35 and rears are 34-38.

So what do you all have yours at?

I drive mostly with just me in the car, weekends other half next to me and two daughters in back. None of them are massive , all skin and bone unlike me.

Find the correct tyre pressures for an Vauxhall. Simply enter your vehicle registration or make and model.

says fronts 32 rears 32

This expert written guide covers tread wear, tyre damage, wheel balancing, tyre puncture, tyre repair and more.

same again

and yet again

conclusion wtf are vauxhall saying all these strange settings for? Yes i understand if i am carrying 4 passengers all the time i need to up all 4 tyre pressures, if im carrying a big load any distance the rears need extra in. But vauxhall pressures just dont make sense.

Think il try 32-34 in fronts and backs for a while unless someone knows better

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
    Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

I always ran 32 all round in my facelift which when warm ran at about 34-35. In this car it tells me the ideal pressure is 32 front and rear so I run them at that. Again this raises to around 34-35 when warm. In both cars I had/have TPMS set to Light.
    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Pressures depend on the model; heavier models have a few PSI more.

Mine is recommended to be 39 front / 36 rear for comfort and 41 front / 48 rear for full load.

So it mostly gets run at about 40 all round (I usually run any car in the middle of recommended ranges) but with the cooler weather it was down to about 37F and 35R when I used it the other day so needs topping-up which I'm hoping to do today.

Comment

Ok set off this morning only to find tyre pressure warning triangle on only 2 pressures being displayed but not at same time (about 5 seconds on front left then about 5 second on rear RIGHT) stopped at garage and checked pressures, all within 1 psi of each other, canceled warning and scrolled to the display where all four wheels are shown and all pressures show equal but as soon as i start driving its showing triangle again and back to just the two but this time its alternating between the 2 rears. question is :-
        (1) any ideas on what could be wrong?
        (2) any one know how to switch this system off permanently? (PREFERRED OPTION)?
        For me it's just something not needed and is just something else to go wrong, I been driving 45 years and only had these systems on 2 cars both proving unreliable, this car also randomly flags 0 pressure on right hand rear when travelling in excess of 85 an A1M just as I pass Ferry bridge power station.
        Just to add car was in last week for service (3 year old 29000 mile) its done 25 mile since then just journey back from garage.

Comment

Oops.. you put 85 by mistake .you mean 70..!
          When I use to take my vxr into vx for service,they always set the tyre pressure wrong.to low setting the Tpm off.
          sigpic

Comment

Oops I'v got black key board and light here is rubbish. should say 58 I do get my numbers wrong way round.

Comment

I'v noticed there is some options so will have a look at them but would it not have come up with that warning on the 25 mile trip home,

Comment

On my tourer I run the eco pressure 39 front and 42 rear. Can be a little firm over the bumps though

Comment

according to dealer they need car in to re-calibrate the wheel sensors so if any one knows what software/hardware would allow me to do it myself please reply or send details on PM thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by ilunn View Post
                    according to dealer they need car in to re-calibrate the wheel sensors so if any one knows what software/hardware would allow me to do it myself please reply or send details on PM thanks.
                    Probably a duff sensor. As far as I'm aware they are self learning sensors. No re-calibration or programming required.

Also try deflating the tyre and then refilling with air and see if anything changes

Comment

Originally posted by Lewish View Post
                      Probably a duff sensor. As far as I'm aware they are self learning sensors. No re-calibration or programming required.

Also try deflating the tyre and then refilling with air and see if anything changes
                      Will try that thanks, strange thing is when I accept warning and switch to screen where each tyres's pressure is displayed all pressures are showing correct but yellow flat tyre picture is being displayed.

Comment

Originally posted by ilunn View Post
                        Will try that thanks, strange thing is when I accept warning and switch to screen where each tyres's pressure is displayed all pressures are showing correct but yellow flat tyre picture is being displayed.
                        Weird have you got a picture?

Comment

Think the only time I would alter mine, is when im towing my caravan, then I would look at door loading data plate then
                          set tyres to that, and switch to heavy in the settings menu...as generally car is loaded two up, with little shopping in boot

Comment

You can never drive at 85 mph, you are breaking the law, its is best driving to make progress, that is a police reply, when questioned on their speed...!!!

Comment

Originally posted by huey45 View Post
                              You can never drive at 85 mph, you are breaking the law, its is best driving to make progress, that is a police reply, when questioned on their speed...!!!
                              Yep agree totally but judging on the number of cars passing me when i'm doing 80 a good majority of drivers break the law so its about time the laws were reviewed/revised, when all said and done they are on about changing the laws on drug use as there inundated with user's!.

Comment

Working...
                              X