No announcement yet.

Dpf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mine came up saying “attention required cleaning exh filter continue driving” but wouldn’t let me off the message until it had came off

Comment

Originally posted by Andi-C View Post
      15 plate here with uprated digital dash & I've not seen the message though I'm not sure what to look for ?
      If you’re driving a lot of long distance, will never see any message about the dpf. The message only pops up when the regeneration was interrupted a couple of times. So no worries when you never see it, be happy. I’ve never seen it in my car.

Comment

15 plate here with uprated digital dash & I've not seen the message though I'm not sure what to look for ?
        on some,rear defrost come on,in the top consumers menu,without the rear defrost button actually illuminated,mines a 15 and it doesn't,but some do...this happens during regeneration
        ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by Flick19191 View Post
          Well first time it has told me
          It'll only put up the 'keep driving' message if your DPF is dangerously full as a result of you having interrupted one or two regen attempts when the car was last used.
          Its first attempt at a regen will happen in the background and it won't bring up the message.
          It doesn't wait until the last moment to do a regen: first attempts at regens usually occur before the DPF has reached 90% but a failed regen could take it to 95%+ which might bring up the warning message.

Comment

So continues inturuptions cause the dreaded problems

Comment

Knew it would be today
              ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

So continues inturuptions cause the dreaded problems
                Correct.
                Also short engine run times will cause problems because the regen can't begin until the engine is warmed up.
                Oh - and EGR valves tend to get gummed up with lots of short journeys.

Comment

Originally posted by Ernst View Post
                  If you’re driving a lot of long distance, will never see any message about the dpf. The message only pops up when the regeneration was interrupted a couple of times. So no worries when you never see it, be happy. I’ve never seen it in my car.
                  Thank you.
                  Daily is about 19m round trip with 10m motorway.
                  I guess time will tell !

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
                  on some,rear defrost come on,in the top consumers menu,without the rear defrost button actually illuminated,mines a 15 and it doesn't,but some do...this happens during regeneration
                  I'll keep an eye out, would of thought I'd see some message come on the large digital dashboard.
                  Great excuse not to come home, "sorry love, the car told me to keep driving"

Comment

How did you install that led

Comment

Mine does one about once every week or 800 to 900 kms. More often than not its bang on 900kms, but will happen quicker if my week involves more short trips. Dont know if that's normal but no problems, touch wood, 170k miles.

Comment

How did you install that led
                        taps into the heated mirror circuit,illuminates during a regen

Comment

Thank you.
                          Daily is about 19m round trip with 10m motorway.
                          I guess time will tell !
                          That’s a bit on the low side. Mines takes about 20km for a regen, but usually don’t start the first 20km. When the regen is interrupted its starts the regen a bit quicker.

Comment

Working...
                          X