X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Automatic gearbox oil

Hello I bought a A20NHT insignia with automatic gearbox
    The car is 87,000 KM

The road to my house is uphill and sometimes I encounter a traffic on that road so I have to stop and then when I drive the first gear is engaged and it gets stuck even if rpm reaches 3500 and I have to to switch to manual to choose 2nd gear

Is this normal? As on straight roads the car drives superbly and I don't experience any problem

One more thing, when do I have to change gear box oil and filter?
    Kindly advise

If you have moved it from 'D' to '1' it will not change up.
    oil change around 40,000 miles or 6 years,some other members may be along to confirm this.
    Last edited by Howy; 22-09-2018, 06:01 PM.
    Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
    Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Originally posted by Howy View Post
      If you have moved it from 'D' to '1' it will not change up.
      No the lever is on D
      When I stop the 1st gear is engaged and when I drive it's stuck on 1st gear and I have to switch to manual (push the lever to left and) and switch to 2nd

Comment

Ah,i did not read your post correctly,some auto box members will be along to put you right.
        Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
        Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

If I pull away uphill the box lingers in first if I pull away even moderately quickly, particularly if the peddle passes a certain point, If you pull away hard on the level it will be the same, there is no kick down, as such, like the old boxes. You will find that going down hill, when you brake the gear box will change down and stay down when a manual gear box would have been put in a higher gear, maybe. When I have my ten tent in tow, even going up a slight incline, the box will change down and stay there, and the same down hill
          Sounds daft but let the box/car think for it's self, makes for very relaxed driving.
          Sport Touror Elite 163

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Dave71 View Post
            If I pull away uphill the box lingers in first if I pull away even moderately quickly, particularly if the peddle passes a certain point, If you pull away hard on the level it will be the same, there is no kick down, as such, like the old boxes. You will find that going down hill, when you brake the gear box will change down and stay down when a manual gear box would have been put in a higher gear, maybe. When I have my ten tent in tow, even going up a slight incline, the box will change down and stay there, and the same down hill
            Sounds daft but let the box/car think for it's self, makes for very relaxed driving.
            Thats the same as my Insignia when i,am towing my caravan, the auto box holds onto the lower gears, for considerable longer . ....

Comment

so this is normal; the thing is that this is my first car with automatic gearbox
              do you know when do I have to change the gearbox oil?

Comment

I don't think there is a change interval "sealed for life" they say. My last Insignia SE MY10 went to just over 90,000 without a change and was running fine, towed something like 2,000 miles a year with it, plus normal usage, until a chap in a thumping great Volvo went through a red light and took the front of my motor off.
                Sport Touror Elite 163

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by alihijazi View Post
                  so this is normal; the thing is that this is my first car with automatic gearbox
                  do you know when do I have to change the gearbox oil?
                  It is, if you go uphill it tend to hold low gear. You can change it manuali or try to rev it then release half way see if it get it in second. This is more often when autogearbox is cold.
                  Oil is "fill for life" but you need to change it on 80.000km, service fill is 3L ATF AW-1 spec.(gearbox holds 7L ATF fluid, so less than half is changed, you can change it again in 40000km, if you please )
                  Procedure is a bit tricky...

Comment

Working...
                  X