Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by karsta View Post
    A great looking car.

What tools did you use to pry off the side indicators?
    Thanks. I've got some Bojo trim tools so used the flat one of them to get under the indicator.

Comment

Looks mint. What tar remover do you find best ?

Comment

Originally posted by Luke88 View Post
        Looks mint. What tar remover do you find best ?
        I normally use the Gtechniq stuff,but it's a little dear. I'm sure all the tar removers are pretty samey. I know people used WD40 as well, I've never tried it but it's supposed to work well.

Comment

Not done much to the car over the last few months but thought I'd post update anyway. I had an issue on New Year's Eve where the service vehicle soon message came up, which turned out being some moisture in my tuning box. A couple of hours in the house to dry out and it was fine. Also took the opportunity to move the tuning box from the wing as it wasn't the best place for it.

Did an oil change yesterday with some Shell Helix ECT as car has done about 10k since last dealer service.

Also noticed I had what looked like the start of mould around the seat belt clip on the rear bench. It felt a little damp but wondered if this was still a little damp from when I shampooed the seats.
          However pulling the bench out revealed a large pool of water under the sound proof material. Sound proofing was soaking and so was the foam of the bench. There's some water in the boot too on same side. From looking on here I think it's the grommet that sits under the plastic cowling at top of the boot,as the seat belt feels damp and has white specks on it. So if it's dry Saturday I'll take the cowling off and stick some clear silicone around the grommet.

Comment

A little bit of work this week on my car. Car seems to have stayed dry despite some rain so I'm hoping whatever was causing the leak is sorted.

Had chance to clean the car and had noticed over the last couple of weeks the drivers rear wheel was covered in brake dust. Looking at the pad showed it had a couple of mm left at best and it had started to groan a bit when driving from cold which was probably the wear indicator. Bought some new pads and cleaned up the calipers. The guide pins were fine but cleaned and greased them. Both pistons seemed a little stiff but no obvious signs of corrosion. Worryingly it was only the outside pad that had worn down, as shown in the pics so will need to keep an eye on the new pads.

Also cleaned all the grime off my car. There was quite a lot of fallout on the car, especially towards the drivers rear (which may have been caused by the above pad wearing out so fast but I drive 350 miles a week on the Motorway so that won't help either). You can see all the spots on the rear bumper and boot. 5 minutes with some fallout remover and it was all gone.

Comment

I always work the rear pistons in and out a few times or until they move freely, unlike the fronts they seem get really tight

Comment

Working...
              X