My 2014 Limited Edition 163 CDTI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 2014 Limited Edition 163 CDTI

Finally starting this thread. I don't tend to do much to the car as I don't have much time to spend on modding the car etc.

First thing when I got it was to give it a proper clean, being white it was full of tar spots and fall out. Once I'd got rid of these I clayed the whole car and the glass. Then gave the paint a clean with Werkstatt Prime and two layers of Werkstatt Acrylic Jett, you can't buy it anymore unfortunately but it looks really good on white in my opinion.

Sealed the wheels with some Zaino Clear Seal.

Also cleaned the seats with an extractor and some GTechniq triclean. The drivers seat was pretty dirty and also the rear passenger seat. Cleaned all the plastics with the tri clean and then finished them with Carlack Plastic Renew. Finally treated all the seats and mats with GTechniq i1 Smart Fabric.

The air con had no gas in it, so I've had that regassed. I've tried putting the battery on my trickle charger but I've not been able to get it to start charging for some reason so might get another. Luckily I do 70 miles a day in it but still wanted to give it a top up before winter gets here.

Mod wise, I've changed all the interior bulbs for LED and also the reverse bulbs. I'm just waiting for the number plate bulbs to arrive from China so should do that this weekend. Changed the Halogens for a London Colour 6k kit, but I may get some 5k bulbs as I feel there a little bit too blue. I've had the windows tinted at the rear and the car is running a Bluespark CR Tech 2 box.

HID bulbs. Seem more blue than usual due to the white balance on the camera

Took a photo after gym that is better metered.

Not much more planned for it now. Probably paint the calipers early next year when the weather warms up and do the hubs also.

Welcome along, nice subtle mods and lovely looking car.
    sigpic

Comment

Best colour but one of worst to keep clean
      ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
        2nd best but still lovely.
        2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
          Luckily the Mrs has a white car so had lots of practice [emoji23]

Comment

3rd best, welcome

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
            Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

4th best,Welcome
              Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
              Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Welcome
                LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

Added a magnetic phone mount today. I usually use a Brodit proclip with a phone holder but liked this as it's a lot less bulky and it holds the phone really well.

Comment

Also went to fit some led number plate lights I bought off ebay but they were really loose when I put them in so had to contact seller as they'd fall out when driving.

Comment

Little bit of work today. The indicators on the side weren't in great condition, there was quite a bit of much behind them on the panel and it looked like some of this had got into the lens.

So decided to replace them with some smoked LED ones from ebay. They were quite tight to get in so I'm hoping I don't need to remove them any time soon.

Whilst the indicators were off I decided to machine polish the wings, bonnet. I used Menzerna SF4000 on a light polishing pad and then followed this up with Britemax Perfect Prep to remove any polishing oils to give the sealant a good surface to bond to. I then sealed with 3 or 4 coats of Dodo Juice Supernatural Acrylic sealant.

I also had time to do the drivers door. Even though I decontaminated the car when I bought it and polished it with a Werkstat Prime (this is a chmeical paint cleaner). I still had what looked like dirty smudges in the paint. It was also bad just by the door handle under it. Did the same as the above and it came out looking much cleaner.

Hopefully get some time next weekend to do passenger door and both rear doors.

Comment

Hi,
                        Could you send a link to the hid kit please and have you had any bother with can bus errors yet ( with any of the bulbs )
                        Or did you fit a can us canceller if so did you get it at the same supplier?
                        Cheers steve

Comment

Originally posted by Shortsleevesteve View Post
                          Hi,
                          Could you send a link to the hid kit please and have you had any bother with can bus errors yet ( with any of the bulbs )
                          Or did you fit a can us canceller if so did you get it at the same supplier?
                          Cheers steve
                          I got them from here https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F331650630720

They've been no issue at all, although I'd buy the 5000k if I was getting them now and not the 6000k as they're a little too blue.

Some others on here have bought their lights from this seller.

If you get them from eBay before midnight there is a 15% off code you could use.

Comment

hes really expensive.

I bought a set for £29 from fleabay……….not had any issues at all

Comment

A great looking car.

What tools did you use to pry off the side indicators?

Comment

Working...
                              X