Transmission oil for F40 gearbox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by buttons View Post
    It can be done by just un-clipping the ECU and using a clean bit of garden hose and a funnel. Its a lot simpler, though the filler lug can be tough to release in the limited access. Insert a small screwdriver between the hose and the filler hole to act as a breather and measure the oil out before you fill, its easier just to fill in one go.
    Thanks for the info,will check that out--oneway or another it will be getting done------Dave

Comment

that's why I took battery off,the filler plug is a **** to get at with battery on
      ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Well I have changed the gearbox oil and the way I did it was to unclip the ECU and using a socket extension it loosened off no problems,i cleaned the area around the filler plug first and put 1.8 litres of Fuchs in,the drain plug on the gearbox was a bit tighter but as long as you use the correct tools it loosened off no problems.About the amount of oil to put back in Exclusiv was correct with 1.8 ltrs and this is also the amount that the Haynes manual says has to go in.I just used a piece of plastic tube cut to size and with a funnel put the new oil in.------Dave

Comment

Working...
        X