No announcement yet.

New clutch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had it since May and I’ve put new pads and disks on all four corners, MOT and the service light has just came on. It’s under 6 months garage warranty but iv just lost faith in it
    2014 white SRI VX line

Comment

yeah never good mate, but no matter what a garage says 6 months, 2 months warranty you still have rights, and rights are different from warranty. Many dont realise that rights are different from warranty, you are entitled to a repair as burden of proof is on the dealer/trader. So say you reported and issue 5 months in, and they repaired it but still occurred thereafter you can ask them to repair again, you only have to allow them the one chance to repair then you can reject if not satisfactory quality or fit for purpose.

Dont be fobbed off, if it aint right give them one more chance or tell them you may reject. As long as there is a paper trial of you hassle and faults you should be good.

Maybe you got a bad one buddy, dont let this experience put you off the Insignia. Get an auto model, i am loving mines, my last Insignia was a pig but was one of the first models out.

I wouldnt say pads etc are major issues, i usually change mines and service right away anyway, but if its more then yeah i would be pissed off.

As for clutch and EGR, then this is different, yeah they could say wear and tear, but it is deemed that any fault that appears up to 6 months is deemed to have been present at point of purchase , and so they are liable. If its on fiance then notify them expressing your unhappiness and expectation to fix, they are also responsible too.

They may refer you back to dealer but this is a tactic they can use which aint exactly right, at the end of the day they still own the car if HP, and am sure if you said well i will reject your car that is not working correctly they wouldnt want to take it back, they would rather it fixed before taking back a car that aint running correctly.

All food for thought buddy, just trying to advise.

Comment

When you say give them one more chance to fix it, then do what? I bought it in May. They put a new EGR in last week and it’s still going into limp mode. Today they played the computer into ECU and it was showing no faults so they said they don’t know what’s wrong with it. If they give it back to me this weekend and the issue happens, what can I legally do about it? Wish I could sell it back to them for good money and take my money else where but I know a used car sales garage isn’t going to do that
        2014 white SRI VX line

Comment

Ahh I see, well you have given them enough chance.
          Tell them in email/writing your going to reject the car on the grounds they can't repair it and it isn't fit for purpose, that you have given them plenty opportunities to repair and time but you no longer wish to drag this out, Tell them clearly your rejecting the car, they can refuse but you do the same with the finance company. They both may drag their heels. Depends how quick you want this sorted mate.

The garage or finance may say you can't but you can, get on the net and read up the law is there to protect people in situs like this.

The law has all changed and garages and finance comps are hating it, the ombudsman is also good.

Failing that trade it back to them or another.

Comment

Thing is it’s not on finance I paid £9250 cash for it in May
            2014 white SRI VX line

Comment

I can see where you are coming from, but they are getting plenty of chances to fix the car and are not. By attempting the fixes they have taken ownership of the faults. They have not provided a remedy to the issues, far as i see it and from what i have read regarding the law, you can reject the car and demand a full refund maybe minus any days you have used the car pro rata.

And don't take it back unless they give you in writing it is fixed 100%. Just because they don't know what is wrong with it is no reason for you to suffer. Out of interest, is it the garage giving warranty or is it an outside policy through another company?

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
              Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

When I collected the car yesterday I got no documentation about the work carried out to show the EGR was replaced should I ask them for documents when I pick it up this time? It’s not just the limp mode annoying me it’s the fact the clutch has slipped a few times so I know that will go in a few thousand miles maybe.

When you mention reject it. What is the law around that? If I reject it like yous advise I’ll be without a car they will have my car which I paid cash for.
                2014 white SRI VX line

Comment

Ive just found this

I’m going to contact citizens advise for help tomorrow.

It says on that link you must give dealer reasons for rejecting it in writing and within 6 months of taking delivery of it so I’ve only got a month to get this sorted
                  2014 white SRI VX line

Comment

Originally posted by BoneVXline View Post
                    When I collected the car yesterday I got no documentation about the work carried out to show the EGR was replaced should I ask them for documents when I pick it up this time? It’s not just the limp mode annoying me it’s the fact the clutch has slipped a few times so I know that will go in a few thousand miles maybe.

When you mention reject it. What is the law around that? If I reject it like yous advise I’ll be without a car they will have my car which I paid cash for.
                    If you find a defect after 30 days and within six months of buying, you're entitled to a repair or replacement – and dealers have only one chance at repair or replacement.

If they fail, the customer is again entitled to a full or partial refund. It's assumed in law that the fault was present at the time of purchase unless the seller can prove otherwise.

That's the law. You have given them more than fair chance to fix the issue. Yes you need prove they have done what they have said, may just be wasting time until you cant be bothered.

Ask for proof and in writing its 100% fixed or your not accepting it. Forget the clutch issue for now unless you can prove was faulty when you bought car.

Dealers should prepare a car before offering it for sale, including verifying the accuracy of the recorded mileage.

If you buy from a dealer, you're covered by the Consumer Rights Act 2015, which states that products must be:

• Of satisfactory quality

• Fit for purpose, and

• As described

For cars bought before October 1 2015, the Sale of Goods Act still applies.

Quote above and see what happens, if nothing seek legal advice.
                    It may be they just not skilled enough and are trying their best with limited funds, or maybe they know the problems and dont want to pay. Either way not you problem.

If you don't fancy thatbook car into a main vauxhall dealer, assuming the people are not. Might have to pay for inspection and report, but you will know the real issues.

Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Just remember, ask for everything they have done in writing, don't get mad, keep calm. Explain they have 1 last chance to sort the issues or you will take car to manufacturer to find and rectify the faults and charge them. Or if they don't fix it this time you will be rejecting the car under above act, and will also consider actions to claim lost interest on your money. Make them know your serious, best way is keep calm, say waht you have to say, leave.

Comment

Many thanks for your informative response. I will contact the CAB for further advise tomorrow so I’m prepared in what to say when I go to collect the car after they tell me it’s ‘fixed’ I’m request in writing the work that was carried out on both occasions and also for them to confirm the issue is fixed. I’ll inform them of my intentions to reject and seek a refund should the fault reappear.
                        2014 white SRI VX line

Comment

This is what I have been saying all along, get on it mate, many don't know the new laws, and dealers and trader will take advantage of that, ask hem for a full breakdown first then hit them with a rejection as I said if they refuse which they can do hit the finance company and even when or if 6 months passes the fact you got the ball rolling will mean they don't have a leg to stand on.

But don't hesitate and you may have to stop using the car.

Comment

Forgot you paid cash, so get a breakdown and then reject

Comment

Working...
                            X