New clutch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New clutch?

My car was going into limp mode and sometimes the clutch would slip. I’ve just had the Limp mode issue sorted under warranty they said it was the EGR.

They won’t fix the clutch as it’s wear and tear. Roughly how much am I talking for a new clutch 2014 2.0cdti with 55k on the clock
    2014 white SRI VX line

I just been looking for quotes for my clutch and dmf they have ranged from £2200 and the cheapest with a full service was £1600. Hope this helps

Comment

Got my car back today with a new EGR value under warranty. The clutch hasn’t gone yet but I suspect it may within the next few thousand miles. Garage says they will replace it at cost price so approx £500 they quoted me when the clutch goes
      2014 white SRI VX line

Comment

Is this just the clutch or the dmf aswell?
        I might be wrong but I thought the norm was to change them both at same time like changing water pump when doing cam belt.

Comment

I’m not sure about DMF. The EGR was replaced at the weekend and he said if clutch goes he will replace he clutch and flywheel at cost since i got it there off him.
          2014 white SRI VX line

Comment

I bought mine in February.
            After 426 miles it started slipping.
            It was still under warranty from the garage, so they replaced it.....the bill was £1736

Glad I never footed the bill.

Comment

I’ve had my car back one day with the new EGR valve yet it went into limp mode again this morning. No fault light came on the dash but it was dead would not go over 28mph even when dropped to second gear. I’ll ring the garage in 10 mins once they open. I think I could be parting with this. 50k on a 4 year old car causing grief like this is unheard of for me. My previous Audi’s were trouble free
              2014 white SRI VX line

Comment

i had my clutch, dual mass flywheel and cylindrical slave done, all original parts i bought think at the time 2013 for parts was £900, then i had t have fitted, think total was around £1200-£1300.

Dont buy an Audi right now buddy, i just traded in my Audi A5 Sportback s line black edition, it was by far thee worst car for reliability i have every owned, i am sure you will have heard of the emissions scandal they had a few years back, well it aint going away because even their new cars are having issues.

The petrols drink oil, and the diesels are a joke now, then there is the issues with auto cvt and s tronic boxes, stay away i ploughed around 8k into mines and then cut loose, lost 4.5k trading in, so i would not recommend mate.

These cars are prone to chewing flywheels but then so are a lot of diesels, buy a petrol buddy. Would say the most common things i here in the petrols in these are thermostats, coil packs and of course the coolant reservoir.

Comment

I had a a3 sportback 2.0 TFSI and an a4 avant 2.0tdi both never skipped a beat during ownership.

The fact the clutch is slipping on this. Going into limp mode even after having the EGR replaced I’m thinking of selling and I have looked at petrol like a Golf GTI
                  2014 white SRI VX line

Comment

all depends on your years mate, Audi, VW vag used to be reliable and good for mpg, not anymore.

https://www.driving.co.uk/news/diese...issues-vw-fix/

Even some of the new models are having issues, this includes petrol etc.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-au...-idUKKBN1I91ID

Comment

With my budget or £10,000 it would be an older car I buy. I’m even considering a 330d m sport touring. 2009 full leather with 60k on the clock for 10k
                      2014 white SRI VX line

Comment

can you get rid and trade in now while you can still drive it if so i would and move on

Comment

BMW have always been my fav and usually go to brand, the 330d is a cracking car, but remember the swirl flaps in those BMW diesels can give way, best to remove them. I love the 5 series the daddy and market leader, had loads. But in saying that i still feel the Insignia is a better drive than many of them i really do.

I almost bought another new 5 series with 5k on the clocks before i bought this one.

But if the insignia is starting to bite you get shot mate. Thats what i finally did with the Audi.

They say for total reliability go Japanese, Korean etc the likes and with a long warranty you cant go wrong, long gone are the days of VAG including Skoda,Seat being reliable.

If your certain its going and maybe have other issues you cant be arsed with, get it gone.

Comment

I test drove this in May before going with the insignia. It was £10,450 then and now it’s £9995 I’ll maybe see about getting rid of the siggy for it
                            2014 white SRI VX line

Comment

Very nice mate, i think i know what i would do.

The only thing i miss about my Audi now is the Bang and Olufsen and i suppose looks but hey its just a car and once they give you grief that you cant be arsed with, its time to punt.

I learned the hard way many times .

None are without their issues i suppose, its just where d you draw the line.

Can i ask how long you have had it. May time ??

If still within 6 months you could technically still reject it, supposed to be a 30 day cut off, but you could still.

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/car-ne...d-car-top-tips

Comment

Working...
                              X