software/hardware dealer level.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• software/hardware dealer level.

According to dealer they need car in to re-calibrate the sensors for tyre pressure system so if any one knows what software/hardware would allow me to do it myself please reply or send details on PM thanks, This would save me a 50 mile round trip and most/all of a Saturday morning. They saying they are finding this re-calibration requirement is happening quite a lot so no doubt it will need it again so the cost to buy equipment is not to big an issue.

What is the problem, are the sensors not being picked up, or wrong readings?

My genuine MDI cost over £1K and I had to set up a ltd company to access the vauxhall/opel software and then you pay by the hour to access it, so cost may be an issue.

Comment

Its strange as when saying OK to the warning and returning to the display showing all 4 wheels/pressures all are spot on and as tyres warm up the pressure increases equally as one would expect, the only thing i have noticed is the rear drivers side is red on display whereas the rest are white. Wondering if i was to purchase new set if they would work without being calibrated. also thinking moving sensor the one showing red to diffeant wheel, looks like they just part screw on top of valve but need confirm if this is correct also if they do is there valve under it which would stop the tyre going flat when removing sensor.

Comment

if its a facelift model go into menu and you can change the settings I think something like eco>firm> soft>blah>blah

try changing these then you wont get the silly warning everytime you stick the key in

hope this helps

Comment

Originally posted by valhalla12 View Post
          if its a facelift model go into menu and you can change the settings I think something like eco>firm> soft>blah>blah

try changing these then you wont get the silly warning everytime you stick the key in

hope this helps
          Still the same even after changing from comfort to eco? I got car book in at dealer but I have ordered scan tool so hopefully will be little more equipped if they say they there broke, I think the batteries are about dead so posable they would want to change all four (£280 without labour) car is 2 weeks over the 3 year warranty.

Comment

Working...
          X