Insignia CDTI
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forum Key Rings
    And my Insignia's "short" failure list:

Oil leak behind motor Solved! Oil trap breathing no need repairing at all.

Car
    Insignia CDTI
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    QUOTE (Craig VXR @ Feb 5 2012, 11:50 PM)

@ Solenoid

For number 16 where was your oil leak in the engine about and what was the problem as I have oil coming from the top of the engine under the plastic casing ???style_emoticons/default/wink.gif

Oil trap breathing no need repairing at all.

Car
    Insignia Estate
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Get a squeaky noise when car starts from cold, other than that very happy. />
    Mods : 20s - AvA Miami, Hyper Silver Alloys, Aluminum Door Pins,Irmscher Grille,Maxton Splitter,Full led interior lighting,5000k HID Kit,H10 Foglamps (blue/white colour),Chrome Handles,Full Leather Interior (the car came with the SRI Cloth) The bolsters in the seats nave been coach worked and the leather re-done,VXR Side Repeater Surrounds,Smoked Side Repeaters,12" x 2 Pioneer Subwoofers running off a 1600watt Inphase Pro Amp,uprated the tweeters to boss directional tweeters, Mirror Dvr Cam,Flyeyes,Team Heko wind deflectors,Slammed - started with Eibach Springs at 30mm but the stance for me wasnt there so they were taken off and fk Street line Coilovers have finished off with the stance,Boost Gauge,Amp Gauge,Foot Plate,Brushed metal Interior door trims,Alloy Gator,Wrapped Black Gloss Roof,Engine bay Hydrodipped (Zombie playing cards & carbon fibre), also added blue conduit & silicone hose to the airbox, neon blue washers,Blue Needles in the dashboard - had the complete dashboard smd leds changed from the Red & White to Ice Blue including the mood lighting and all the switches, Xcite Custom Headlamps,ice white led internal lighting,rear window limo tinted (legal), Gel carbon fibre number plates, Irmscher Surrounds, Had Leather mats made front & Back and Boot, Black gloss Jag vents,rear badge now Holden,OBD2 multi gauge,vxr front and rear bumpers and side skirts,csr roof spoiler,forced air intake hoses in lower grille.

Car
    Insignia Estate
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cheers mate
    Mods : 20s - AvA Miami, Hyper Silver Alloys, Aluminum Door Pins,Irmscher Grille,Maxton Splitter,Full led interior lighting,5000k HID Kit,H10 Foglamps (blue/white colour),Chrome Handles,Full Leather Interior (the car came with the SRI Cloth) The bolsters in the seats nave been coach worked and the leather re-done,VXR Side Repeater Surrounds,Smoked Side Repeaters,12" x 2 Pioneer Subwoofers running off a 1600watt Inphase Pro Amp,uprated the tweeters to boss directional tweeters, Mirror Dvr Cam,Flyeyes,Team Heko wind deflectors,Slammed - started with Eibach Springs at 30mm but the stance for me wasnt there so they were taken off and fk Street line Coilovers have finished off with the stance,Boost Gauge,Amp Gauge,Foot Plate,Brushed metal Interior door trims,Alloy Gator,Wrapped Black Gloss Roof,Engine bay Hydrodipped (Zombie playing cards & carbon fibre), also added blue conduit & silicone hose to the airbox, neon blue washers,Blue Needles in the dashboard - had the complete dashboard smd leds changed from the Red & White to Ice Blue including the mood lighting and all the switches, Xcite Custom Headlamps,ice white led internal lighting,rear window limo tinted (legal), Gel carbon fibre number plates, Irmscher Surrounds, Had Leather mats made front & Back and Boot, Black gloss Jag vents,rear badge now Holden,OBD2 multi gauge,vxr front and rear bumpers and side skirts,csr roof spoiler,forced air intake hoses in lower grille.

Car
    Elite Turbo Hatch Manual with all the toys and more
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Peter J, on 10 October 2012 - 12:06 PM, said:

As for the Seat heater, the dealer said it was aknown fault, but Vauxhall did not have a solution, something to do with a 'connector' in the seat, however on full or medium setting the heater goes off after exactly 1 minute, on low setting it stays on!!??Doesn't sound like a connector problem.

Peter, go back to dealer and tell him there is a service bulletin (details below)

Insignia 2009-2010 ? All Engines

Seat Heating ? Inoperative

Note: Only vehicles with leather or partial leather seats are affected.

Customer complains that driver seat heater stops after a few seconds. Trouble codes B2425/0D and B2430/0D may be set.

This is caused by insufficient routing of the seat heater wire from the seat cushion to the flange (design fault).

Improved seat heating mats with a new design have been introduced in production as of VIN W0LGT5EM5A1052930 (6th January 2010).

In case of customer complaint replace the seat heating mat with the improved version.

Spare Parts: Part No.Seat heating mat 20944820

HTH

Paul
    Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Car
    Sport, Sport and Motorsports. Not playing any more, Doctors orders.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Peter, I knw this sounds a bit silly but ave they reset the oil to 100%? Mine did this just after I picked it up and when they reset the oil gauge it stopped bringing up the message!

Car
    2012, 2.0 (160) SRi Nav ST - Technical grey
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a service message come up just after servicing, it turned out to be a software glitch, Ecu update sorted the issue.

Nick

Car
    2012, 2.0 (160) SRi Nav ST - Technical grey
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a few issues on my '59 plate Eco tec 160.

1. Squealing front brakes - front calipers binding - stealers serviced brakes and copper crested them. Problem solved

2. Electric parking brake really noisy, dealer found a problem and replaced rear discs under warranty.

3. When in 1st gear, car would go in reverse! Stealers informed, didn't believe me until it happened to the service girl. They then found an issue with the gear link geometry

4. Wet carpets. Heater matrix leaked, seal or pipe failure, stealers was unsure so replaced the matrix, seal and pipe - removed all the interior to clean and dry out the antifreeze mix - nightmare!

5. Front grille badge fell off - asked stealers about replacement - part grille ?160 or full grille ?280? Complained to Vx customer care, sorted as a gesture of good will.

6. Squeaky clutch pedal - ocassionly - mentioned in other posts, so hope their solutions solve it.

Look to upgrade various bits on the car, front fogs, carbon wrap grille, led lights interior & exterior, like sound and look of the twin exhaust for smokers, and the DVD nav800 update.

Cheers "newbie" nick

Car
    Elite Turbo Hatch Manual with all the toys and more
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Peter J, on 10 October 2012 - 06:12 PM, said:
    pAUL,

Thanks for the info., my Insignia is an 11 plate (March 2011), will this be the same problem?

I do have the leather seats.

Cheers

Peter J

Your vehicle same as mine? Mine is 11 plate registered March 2011 and was a factory order (i.e. not sitting on a plot of land to be sold later). Dealer informed me at the time there was no recall on my vehicle for the seats
    Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maggoo, on 28 January 2013 - 06:28 PM, said:
    Hi don't know if anyone else has had this ..I get a knocking noise front drivers side ..been back too vauxhall a who first said it was a valve? And they replaced it...shame didn't test drive it..as still there? ..any help would be great cheers...
    ??I've had mine for 4 weeks now . Solved the parcel shelf rattle squeak which was destroying my enjoyment of the car but I didn't notice it on the test drive . However I have a knocking sound from the front drivers side as well .... been back to place I bought it but of course they cant see anything wrong . They want the car for a day or two so they can dismantle bumper or panels or wheel liners to see what's going on . Its defiantly suspension related knock but they arnt having it so far . Don't know if I want them to start dismantling everything .

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast