X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snow foam cannons

What does everyone use?

Price, links, photos?

Never used one, but i think my black dirt magnet may benefit, if not my back will

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
    Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

I had one I bought from ebay, brass fitting and 1 litre capacity. Due to get a new one though as sold mine when I sold my old pressure washer.
    The Bilt Hamber foam seems to be pretty decent stuff,though halfords sells the Auto Finesse stuff which is also meant to be good.

Comment

Been using my one from Autobrite Direct for years now, good bit of kit.

Comment

seems ok, bit more expensive than most thou.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
        Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

My experience is that most canons are very similar. It's the foam you use and what ratio it's used at that. So far to say that if I haven't used the car for a week then the 2:8, If the car is filthy then could be up to neat just to give a better dwell time.

Comment

My pressure washer is from Aldi.
            I got the bigger container from Fleabay.....1 litre capacity and I use auto glym polar blast....... absolutely fantastic wee set up.

Been faultless for over 2 years now.

Comment

I used to do quite a bit of detailing a few years back now but don't seem to have the time now which is sad but maybe not as sad as cleaning a car for 8 hours on a weekend

Most Decent Snow foam lances will last a long time mine is still going after about 7 years if not more of use.

Any PH neutral foam is worth a look at, Valet Pro or even branded snow, I used to mix mine 50/50 which used to give me a litre of liquid X 2 washes. Maybe slightly more needed on an insignia.

I used to do a bit of testing for some detailers and newly opened shops with a mate of mine a few years back also and got a lot of my products from Juicy Detailing when she 1st opened but not brought any stuff for ages.
              2018 GSi

Comment

Mine is Arctic Auto Snow Foam Lance.

https://www.jussinmaki.net/autonhoit...tin/101792301/

It was quite cheap, around 40 euros = 35 GBP. Not much to complain, it does the job, but I feel it's best used when the car is not terribly dirty. It's good for keeping the car clean on a regular basis, but when it gets really shitty you have to get physical with it (wash mitt or sponge).

Been using it with a Kränzle pressure washer with a PH neutral foam. It can get quite thirsty when adjusting the ratio to really drown the car with foam, but adjusting the ratio milder setting kills the whole idea of foaming.

My only issue is that I don't yet have a quick coupler (or bayonet joint, or whatever it is called in English ) on the pressure washer, so switching between regular wash head and foam head is a bit tricky when things get hectic, but it's still manageable.

But I definitely recommend using a foam lance, I've gotten good results with it No pics to share unfortunately.

Comment

Working...
                X