Pop quiz expert needed, on vx car names

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pop quiz expert needed, on vx car names

So for years I have always wondered why GM Vauxhall have named their cars for the most part names that end in A, ok so there are a few exceptions but mostly this is the case.

Even years ago.

Viva
    Corsa
    Pc cresta
    Calibra
    Manta
    Nova
    Astra
    Obviously Insignia
    Mokka

The list goes on and obviously Fiat is pretty much the same for obvious reasons.

But does anyone know why?

You forgot Cresta, Firenza, Omega, Frontera, Tigra, Agila, Meriva, Zafira and ......................Cavalia
    Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Lol, yeah there are quite a lot few must be a marketing thing they decided years ago.

The Fiat side of things use an o instead, the likes of pinto, bravo, tipo etc.

Comment

Uncle has a cresta bright red with a jag engine, will have to post some pics of it up.

Comment

Vauxhall Ventora
          Vauxhall Sintra
          Vauxhall Antara

Anyone remember the Arena??

Comment

Yes but apart from Astra, Cresta, Firenza, Omega, Nova, Frontera, Tigra, Agila, Meriva, Zafira, Vectra, Ampera, Antara, Brava, Cascada, Ventora and Sintra - What has Vauxhall ever done for us?

Manta was Opel BTW, and I am tempted to add Agila, but will leave that one out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Stoat View Post
              Yes but apart from Astra, Cresta, Firenza, Omega, Nova, Frontera, Tigra, Agila, Meriva, Zafira, Vectra, Ampera, Antara, Brava, Cascada, Ventora and Sintra - What has Vauxhall ever done for us?

Manta was Opel BTW, and I am tempted to add Agila, but will leave that one out.
              Omega, Nova, Vectra and Corsa we're opel models before Vauxhall used them.

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
                Omega, Nova, Vectra and Corsa we're opel models before Vauxhall used them.
                Yup, fair comment RBH, those models were Opels, but there never was a Vauxhall Manta - we called it the Cavalier. (I had three, but I had a Cavalier attitude long before then)

Comment

Yup, fair comment RBH, those models were Opels, but there never was a Vauxhall Manta - we called it the Cavalier. (I had three, but I had a Cavalier attitude long before then)
                  When I was in Cleethorpes last year, I saw a lovely gold mk2 SRI hatchback a few times......wonder if I'll see it next week

Just for the record .......the cavalier in Opel guise was the ascona.
                  Then when the mk3 cavalier was introduced in the UK it was already in Europe known as the vectra a.
                  It was only when Vauxhall decided to use the manta, they called it the cavalier sports hatch and cavalier coupe.

Comment

You actually came to Cleethorpes? WHY??? I am sure it was closed last year!
                    Thanks for clearing that up, some lovely models there, the Cav Coupe looked gorgeous, as did the Manta A.

Comment

You actually came to Cleethorpes? WHY??? I am sure it was closed last year!
                      Thanks for clearing that up, some lovely models there, the Cav Coupe looked gorgeous, as did the Manta A.
                      .....I've got a lot of family in Cleethorpes and surrounding areas.
                      One of cousins has a hotel there too .

And I'm back in Cleethorpes next Monday til Friday.

I loved the mantas.
                      My dad had a few Carlton's royales and senators all based on the Opel rekord,

Comment

Am gona have to post a pic of the uncles cresta lovely so it is.

The manta was a nice looking car berlinetta was my fav iirc.

Comment

firstly Ampera, cracking car.

Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20150414_003.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	77.0 KB
ID:	242648

Comment

the uncles cresta, bit red for me but check this out.

Name:	WP_20150405_008.jpg
Size:	104.8 KB
ID:	242653

Name:	WP_20150405_007.jpg
Size:	119.5 KB
ID:	242654

Comment

I absolutely love the old classics and that is a very good example of a Cresta.

Also saw a Zodiac yesterday in good condition.
                              LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

Working...
                              X