first post on main forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• first post on main forum

just introduced myself on the welcome side and had a very warm welcome indeed, there was a few people wanting a photo of my insignia so i thought i would fill everyone in on the car and the situation regarding the said vehicle.
    my car is the insignia elite it is on a 2011 plate as was bought as a none runner, all i was told is that the engine was kaput, and so i have decided to remove the engine and see if i can repair it, i have tinkered on with engines for over 40 years so i think i'm in with a shout. I can post the progress on here if anyone wants to follow my progress and the things i find difficult in the engine removal and repair, but it will be a slow process as i can't bend or move as well as i could when i was a bit younger he he he, it will be a bit at a time as i am in no rush to finish the job.
    My first job will be to start with removing the auxiliaries, will post when i start to take it to bits on Monday

Depends wot they call kaput if the bottom ends gone it aint worth saving but if its just the egr cooler then it is

Comment

why do you think its not worth fixing if its the bottom end, regrind the crank, new shells jobs a good one, or am i missing something

Comment

Post away JohnK. will follow your progress with interest
        Sport Touror Elite 163

Dave

Comment

Might have went kaput coz the oil seal has gone???

Comment

Working...
          X