Wasted a whole morning changing oil lol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wasted a whole morning changing oil lol

Well thought I'd change the oil and filters in the insignia this morning be a quick job I thought

So finally managed to remove the sump plug that I think the retarded Vauxhall dealers had put on with an air gun, the only way I could remove it is with a 13mm Irwin bolt remover socket hammered on but did shift it after a lot of swearing,

Least it's done so running sweet again and saved me a fortune at the dealers,

Use an oil sucker, Costs less than £20, and you don’t need to remove the sump plug

Comment

This is what’s left of the sump plug I have a sucker (from doing a service on a smart car which didn’t have a sump plug) but thought as the car was serviced 11 months ago by a Vauxhall dealership the plug would be easy to remove? How wrong was I but all done now (thanks to an Irwin damaged bolt remover)
      Attached Files

Comment

Just wondering how many miles it had done in 11 Months???

Comment

13k was serviced last Oct

Comment

Have same problem with dealers. There is a reason why the manufacturer specifies a torque. Which is not observed, so if something as simple as that is ignored, what else is ignored by the dealers. Perhaps they 'sow' it to the sump so that the washer they did not replace and charge for doesn't leak. As if. A correctly torqued sump nut with a new washer will undo quite easily.

Comment

Working...
            X