No announcement yet.

Battery change messed up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's weird you even have service notifications and yet nothing came up on diagnostics.

Do you have start stop? They need an AGM battery to function correctly

Comment

Hi

Had the battery replaced in my SRI by RAC, started getting flakey after 3 years running and I needed it to be reliable. The RAC guy ran the windows down and up again after the replacement, said it wouldn't work properly otherwise. Not sure if he was taking the proverbial but it took the new battery with no problems.

Comment

my heads bouncing think I might get rac out see what they say. its not start stop

Comment

Cheapest battery there for my car is £299

£105 off with current end35 discount code

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
          Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
            Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

all am away to bed and thank you all for the replys. keep scratching ya heads I need help going to change every fuse tomoz I will keep you all updated. 1 question. if radio fried would this cause it all?

Comment

Originally posted by Howy View Post
                stop / start for ya
                shop about can get for half that

If your car is a Start-Stop (AGM) model, then you must choose the Start-Stop (AGM) option below to match the technical specifications of your cars charging system. Failure to select correctly will invalidate the battery warranty, and damage your cars electrical system.

very important get it right on ss cars. Least foe is ok there

Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

dont know, why say radio fried? i know a lots of things like lewish said is controlled from radio module, but it would show a code

Comment

Seems a strange one with no codes!
                    Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

where is the module for the radio? or the fuse?

Comment

all I have work but keep them coming. fuse and module if you can. and thank you all

Comment

I think its the fuse box in engine bay fuse 35,fuse 1,4 and 5 glove box

Comment

When you leave the battery disconnected might be worth grounding the positive WIRE that you removed from battery, it can sometimes discharge ECU's forcing cold power up, also when reconnecting battery leave it 10 mins before starting car this gives the E.C.U's time to reload data.

Comment

Radio module is on drivers side behind the small pull down glove boxy thing. Pinch the sides together when fully open to remove glove box.
                              Replaced the centre unit on mine for a nice looking new style one (face lift) but it proved to be a very backward step and I sent it back and replaced the original infotainment unit. Took me 5 days to find the radio bits, everyone was talking about removing the glove box proper to get at it, turned out they were all left hand drive types. Duh!

Comment

Ian what did you replace? Any pictures?

Comment

Working...
                                X