Odd thing happened with the radio setup last night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odd thing happened with the radio setup last night

So, drove home from work, all is working fine. Turned off the engine and locked the car. About 10 minutes later got in the car and connected my iPhone via USB cable. Suddenly I'm getting Audio Muted on the dashboard and on the main radio display I'm getting a 'No DAB Stations Available' message even though DAB is coming through, the radio volume knob is doing next to nothing, when you turn it it displays the current volume but wont turn it up or down, had to use the steering wheel for that.
    So I did a full factory reset on all of the options which then wiped out my presets, and so then I couldn't access any DAB stuff (FM/AM was working). Anyway slightly cheesed off I locked the car and left it for about 5 minutes, got back in the car, started it back up and everything started working again, I've had to set up personalisation and DAB presets again but it's all hunky dory.

The car's a 2016 Elite with Nav and digitial speedo.

Anyone else had this or know what went on, did I press something I shouldn't have ?
    2016 Elite 2.0 Auto (170) with mind of it's own

The 2014 facelift was very buggy like this but I thought they'd pretty much sorted it so a lot rarer on 2015 and 16 models. Best thing to do if it does it again is turn off the ignition and lock the car for a few minutes. This usually clears it. I wouldn't try to sort it by resets etc...It' just causes you more hassle.
    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Ah the good ole vauxhall gremlins!

As above you'll just have to lock the car, let the systems shutdown for a few minutes and then it should all be good.

I've had the gremlin on my 15 plate where the radio screen will be black/off but radio etc still works fine. Also had one where the dashboard display showed all options such as EV charging status etc. Left the car and came back and all was normal again.

Comment

I had so much grief getting car in the first place (3 month wait) when this happened I nearly lost it, now I know it's normal I'll just bear with. Thanks fellas.
        2016 Elite 2.0 Auto (170) with mind of it's own

Comment

Working...
        X