• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• code 89?

Hi Guys

I have came upon my first real issue with my Insignia

the drivers info unit is showing a code 89 and beeps 3 times on start up
    googling gives me various answers but mostly for different Vauxhalls (astra/mokka)
    my owners manual doesn't have a listing for code 89
    no problems driving it, starts up and pulls well
    anyone else came upon this and found out what it is?

thanks

I had a problem like that ages ago with Citroen BX, it had a massive red light in the dash, it kept coming on saying STOP
    and I did, after a few weeks I put my yellow duster over it and ignored it, 3 yrs later when I sold it, was still saying STOP

Comment

Originally posted by johnny90 View Post
      Hi Guys

I have came upon my first real issue with my Insignia

the drivers info unit is showing a code 89 and beeps 3 times on start up
      googling gives me various answers but mostly for different Vauxhalls (astra/mokka)
      my owners manual doesn't have a listing for code 89
      no problems driving it, starts up and pulls well
      anyone else came upon this and found out what it is?

thanks
      From what I have found on searching VIO on Facebook, code 89 is the 'Service Vehicle Soon' warning. (Doesn't mean the car needs a 'normal' service)

Need to get your car plugged in and the faults scanned.

Comment

Heard of this code relating to the fuel pressure regulator,but as said check for codes with decent software.
        Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
        Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Code 89

This code was appearing over the cold wet Christmas months.

However since the warmer weather has appeared, I now have regassed my aircon and changed the two side repeaters bulbs from led to standard bulbs.

The code has gone, either the regassing or the bulbs has got rid of the code.

It's now been three days and still no code 89.

Comment

Working...
          X