Reverse lights wire location. Parking Sensors installation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reverse lights wire location. Parking Sensors installation

About to try fit some parking sensors. Am i right in guessing it's a simple tap into the positive and negative wire of the reverse light?

anyone any tips on where i could find the reverse light cable to tap into it.

I've yet to figure out how to get the cables up from inside the bumper as well, i'll need to see what trim I can remove to fish it up into the boot area.

Any tips welcome!

I'll try take some pics and put together a wee how to guide as well if anyone would find that helpful!

Cheers in advance.

Green and white for the reverse light

Comment

Originally posted by troublednoodle View Post
      About to try fit some parking sensors. Am i right in guessing it's a simple tap into the positive and negative wire of the reverse light?

anyone any tips on where i could find the reverse light cable to tap into it.

I've yet to figure out how to get the cables up from inside the bumper as well, i'll need to see what trim I can remove to fish it up into the boot area.

Any tips welcome!

I'll try take some pics and put together a wee how to guide as well if anyone would find that helpful!

Cheers in advance.
      Assuming you have a hatch/saloon; for the wires you can go through the grommet in the middle of the rear boot where the number plate lights wiring enter the car. IIRC from when I added some LEDs factory park pilot runs this way too

Comment

Originally posted by leearnold89 View Post
        Assuming you have a hatch/saloon; for the wires you can go through the grommet in the middle of the rear boot where the number plate lights wiring enter the car. IIRC from when I added some LEDs factory park pilot runs this way too
        Brilliant. Cheers!

Originally posted by Lewish View Post
        Green and white for the reverse light
        Thanks mate. Just what i needed!

Comment

Originally posted by troublednoodle View Post
          Brilliant. Cheers!

Thanks mate. Just what i needed!
          No Worries. The trim at the back of the boot;
          Remove/lift the boot carpet
          Open the luggage restraint loops
          Pull the buttom out to unclip those then pull up the top bit from the edges to unclip the top bits and it will then come away.

You'll then see the wiring loom I was on about

Comment

Hello All,
            Hoping someone here will be able to help.
            I installed a compatible rear view camera which came with an android radio head unit I recently purchased on my Vauxhall Insignia 2013 CDTi. Since carrying out this install I have noticed the interior driver and back passenger ceiling lights (LEDs) are now only lighting dimly when activated by entering or exiting the car? (the "reading lights" when switched on are working perfectly fine?)

I can only assume this is something I have done since connecting the camera - which I have sourced the power from the reverse light supply (Green/White). I have also connected the Ground cable of the camera to the Ground cable already in situ at the rear light supplies(the only black cable which I have assumed is the Ground feed). The mentioned interior lights were working perfectly fine before this install.

I am not sure if the LEDs have simply failed and need replacing (as I had the doors open during install to run the cam cable etc so the lights were on during this time approx 1hr - 1.30hrs) or as mentioned above since installing the cam I have interrupted the general power supply i.e since cam install its now pulling too much power from this feed/supply?

Just to add the rear Cam is working perfectly fine, functioning correctly when selecting reverse gear and the picture displayed is perfect!

Any help would be appreciated if anyone else has experienced this.

Comment

Originally posted by DrT View Post
              Hello All,
              Hoping someone here will be able to help.
              I installed a compatible rear view camera which came with an android radio head unit I recently purchased on my Vauxhall Insignia 2013 CDTi. Since carrying out this install I have noticed the interior driver and back passenger ceiling lights (LEDs) are now only lighting dimly when activated by entering or exiting the car? (the "reading lights" when switched on are working perfectly fine?)

I can only assume this is something I have done since connecting the camera - which I have sourced the power from the reverse light supply (Green/White). I have also connected the Ground cable of the camera to the Ground cable already in situ at the rear light supplies(the only black cable which I have assumed is the Ground feed). The mentioned interior lights were working perfectly fine before this install.

I am not sure if the LEDs have simply failed and need replacing (as I had the doors open during install to run the cam cable etc so the lights were on during this time approx 1hr - 1.30hrs) or as mentioned above since installing the cam I have interrupted the general power supply i.e since cam install its now pulling too much power from this feed/supply?

Just to add the rear Cam is working perfectly fine, functioning correctly when selecting reverse gear and the picture displayed is perfect!

Any help would be appreciated if anyone else has experienced this.
              First step would be to unhook the reverse camera install then check the lights are working to rule it out, if they work fine at this point then you may need to reconsider the wiring you've done. You could always source an alternative ground feed. Or even hook it to a bolt on the chassis somewhere rather than piggybacking on the rear interior lights ground. If that still doesn't solve your issue, then try new bulbs. You'll eventually problem solve all potential issues and find one that explains what's happening.

Comment

Thank you for your response troublednoodle!

I am pretty certain its obviously something I have done. The install carried out is off the back of a few hours research (google, forums and YouTube) before cracking on with the install, thought i'd been successful until going to the car that evening and noticing the mentioned lights!

Again thank you for your advice

Comment

Working...
                X