Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil leak

Hello got A20NHT insignia 2009
    Today I was looking at the engine side which is on the side of the gearbox I noticed a spot of oil (check attached picture)
    Wondering from where would oil come
    Kindly advise

Vacuum pump, buy a new gasket... but it won't last. Better buy a new pump.

Comment

Originally posted by lbanias View Post
      Vacuum pump, buy a new gasket... but it won't last. Better buy a new pump.
      is it fine to have oil that you can dip you finger tip in? I mean a failed seal causes this?
      I'm not talking about oil mist near the vacuum pump bolts
      check image
      Click image for larger version

Name:	vacuum.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	19.8 KB
ID:	242662

Comment

It's not normal ho have mist or oil almost anywhere ... Too much mist turns into oil because of the engine heat. Even if you don't see any decrease in oil level (dipstick check) you should take care of the vacuum pump . It give/regulates vacuum for the brake system, turbocharger and maybe is linked to the ventilation of the crankcase, PCV... If there is an abnormal pressure the oil will seek for weak seals/points to relief that pressure. I changed the vacuum pump gasket/seal but a few weeks later the mist was again there... so, for 200 Euro a new pump was the end of problem.

Comment

Originally posted by lbanias View Post
          It's not normal ho have mist or oil almost anywhere ... Too much mist turns into oil because of the engine heat. Even if you don't see any decrease in oil level (dipstick check) you should take care of the vacuum pump . It give/regulates vacuum for the brake system, turbocharger and maybe is linked to the ventilation of the crankcase, PCV... If there is an abnormal pressure the oil will seek for weak seals/points to relief that pressure. I changed the vacuum pump gasket/seal but a few weeks later the mist was again there... so, for 200 Euro a new pump was the end of problem.
          thank you for your prompt replies
          thank you for the advise
          I just checked parts dealer, they got the seal / gasket will try it first then as you say get a new vacuum pump

Comment

Comment

Working...
            X