Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Driver side outer CV Joint

Good day people,

I have to replace my outer joint driver side.
    Is this a straight forward job like any other car?

Do I need special tools besides of the clam which is holding the rubber case.

And does anybody know which socket I need to remove the large nut? (Which size)

Thanks in advance!

Greetings from Holland

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

straight forward job,you don't even have to remove bottom ball joint. undo the driveshaft nut,either 30 or 32mm,then take out the 2 bolts that hold the hub to the strut,then you can access the outer joint
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Thanks exclusiv

Comment

@exclusiv

Good day.

Can you tell me if I also do not need to disassemble what is on the first picture? Don’t know the word in english.

And the second picture which I marked yellow, do you mean these with nuts of the strut and hub?

Comment

No,you don't need to touch the steering controls,just the big driveshaft nut first, then the 2 bolts to remove which you've circled in yellow. the whole hub will flop outwards ,allowing room to change the cv joint
          ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Great

Comment

the end of the driveshaft may need a little tap,to dislodge from the hub after you've removed the big nut and the 2 strut bolts

Comment

@exclusiv

Worked like a charm, thanks[emoji106]

Comment

Originally posted by crunch81 View Post
                  @exclusiv

Worked like a charm, thanks[emoji106]

result......saves paying inflated labour charges

Comment

Working...
                  X