speakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• speakers

I want to fit a pair of 6 x 9 speakers on the rear shelf (I will be making a shelf from mdf to take them ) has any one done this? I want to run them off an alpine 2 channel amp but my problem is I only have the cd400 unit in the car and I don't think there is a trigger wire on the cd400 to start the amp. there just isn't any bass from the unit so fitting the 6 x 9 speakers with an amp should improve the sound Click image for larger version

Name:	43188250_10217843118256693_8505204426372284416_o.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	67.4 KB
ID:	248765

done this myself just a few weeks ago,theyre not amped though (yet). I got a parcel shelf from a scrapper to butcher,it holds the weight fine. as for your amp remote wire,you could tap into the rear 12v socket,my underseat sub takes its remote turn on feed from thereClick image for larger version

Name:	21f735e2e6b965f15760084d3a706984.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	40.8 KB
ID:	242658
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. did you run the speaker wires from the unit or the door speakers. I don't mind the cd400 I just think the lack of bass is not good and speakers on the shelf should improve the sound

Comment

from the unit itself mate,just finished tidying the wiring yesterday,also added a kenwood underseat sub which adds to the base without a big boom box in the boot
        ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

thank you buddy

Comment

Apologies for hijacking this thread.

I have the CD500 navi with a pure highway attached.

The pure is pushing more power through to the speakers and they’re battling a bit.

What wattage would you recommend for four doors? The speakers I’ve seen have quite a high wattage and I worry the unit won’t power them as well as lower rated ones.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
            X