Remap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No the completely opposite .

I not tried another similar sized engine on similar size car.
    I know I have to work the engine harder.

Comment

Try living with the 1.8 petrol that has no remap options and feels like driving a 1 litre Up!

Comment

Funny, the wife had 3 Micras in 9 years.
        The first was super nippy and good on fuel the second was much slower but the same on fuel.
        The third was pathetically slow but exactly the same on fuel. All one litre engines.
        Over the years the emissions rules have wrecked engine performance. Lots of big engined cars have been dropped by manufacturers because of this.
        I remember my first Vecra Diesel a 2.0 Dti
        I was frightened to overtake in it it was so slow

Comment

Originally posted by mickyh7 View Post
          Funny, the wife had 3 Micras in 9 years.
          The first was super nippy and good on fuel the second was much slower but the same on fuel.
          The third was pathetically slow but exactly the same on fuel. All one litre engines.
          Over the years the emissions rules have wrecked engine performance. Lots of big engined cars have been dropped by manufacturers because of this.
          I remember my first Vecra Diesel a 2.0 Dti
          I was frightened to overtake in it it was so slow
          Interesting story about the Micra. Could say the say about Corsa's.

On the other hand diesel advancement has gotten better.

Comment

Hi all.

Just had mine remapped by one of SLTs Sheffield's agent. Certainly a improvement though still early hours. Can certainly has more grunt. Especially in 3rd gear. Also found that being in 6th at 60 that i didn't feel like it was going to stall like normal.

Comment

am all for remapping or plug in boxes, one of the mates just put one on and I am thinking about it too, but I don't know if you guys realise that all dealers now check for these via new software they have.

Comment

Originally posted by VXLINER View Post
                am all for remapping or plug in boxes, one of the mates just put one on and I am thinking about it too, but I don't know if you guys realise that all dealers now check for these via new software they have.
                And unless you tell your insurance company it invalidates your policy. So unless in a right off you remember to take it off you could be screwed.
                When i had mine fitted to Pug406 by diesel tuners uk, i asked about it, they said don't tell them cos it can cost a lot extra and some will refuse the policy

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
                Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
                  And unless you tell your insurance company it invalidates your policy. So unless in a right off you remember to take it off you could be screwed.
                  When i had mine fitted to Pug406 by diesel tuners uk, i asked about it, they said don't tell them cos it can cost a lot extra and some will refuse the policy
                  Wink wink nudge nudge got a mate who works in car insurance. They target cars which are more likely to be modified.

Don't take it to a dealer and in regards to insurance it's your own choice. Some insurance companies are alright with it others ain't.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon199102 View Post
                    Wink wink nudge nudge got a mate who works in car insurance. They target cars which are more likely to be modified.

Don't take it to a dealer and in regards to insurance it's your own choice. Some insurance companies are alright with it others ain't.
                    But on a car ranging from 3k to 15k or more its a big risk to take. Never regretted getting the Pug done, still have box in shed for 2.0l HD engine with Bosch electronics.
                    It is just a small black box with 4 screws, inside an adjustable pot, fitted it just blended in really hard to see it. Started engine and kept turning it up until got black smoke, then turn it down a turn. I loved it madr car drivable in town, 2.5 - 5 mpg extra and gave BMW 320D's run for their money . Best £250 i ever spent on it.

Would love to take this siggy to over 220BHP but to be honest don't really use the 170 i have

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
                    Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
                      But on a car ranging from 3k to 15k or more its a big risk to take. Never regretted getting the Pug done, still have box in shed for 2.0l HD engine with Bosch electronics.
                      It is just a small black box with 4 screws, inside an adjustable pot, fitted it just blended in really hard to see it. Started engine and kept turning it up until got black smoke, then turn it down a turn. I loved it madr car drivable in town, 2.5 - 5 mpg extra and gave BMW 320D's run for their money . Best £250 i ever spent on it.

Would love to take this siggy to over 220BHP but to be honest don't really use the 170 i have
                      I feel the risk comes with who's messing with your car. The job on mine was a removal of the ECU. Had it taken apart popped onto a bench. Old map downloaded and sent to the remapping company who then sent it back. This was done with by a experience tuning company. The power isn't all dumped at once and it keeps pulling all across the rev band.

I personally don't like these add on boxes. I feel if your going to get it done get it done properly.

I've noticed the extra power. Firstly with my Insignia which is a 140bhp there was a slight delay in pick up like the car was trying to find the power. Post remapped it's as soon as i put my foot down

I felt at 30 mph in 3rd that the car wasn't to happy being in that gear. Now post remapped it feels happy.

Same as 6th gear at 60mph.

Well worth it in my opinion.

Comment

i took the wife's 2014 1.6T SIDI petrol to the dealers to have a Thorney remap loaded taking to around 220bhp, I will leave it at that for tuning i reckon as it has a crappy M32 gearbox that is not worth pushing..

Comment

Originally posted by Caveman_nige View Post
                          i took the wife's 2014 1.6T SIDI petrol to the dealers to have a Thorney remap loaded taking to around 220bhp, I will leave it at that for tuning i reckon as it has a crappy M32 gearbox that is not worth pushing..
                          You can find out on here. Just type in your vin and it will tell you what box is in it. Just have to change the language up the top.

Comment

With regards to insurance I had my Focus ST Diesel mapped and it cost me an extra couple a quid a year thats all. Plus I am only 23...

Comment

Originally posted by Caveman_nige View Post
                              Good to see you on here Nige.
                              If you have the earlier 1.6T it may suffer the P4 issue as well mapping above 205bhp without injector upgrades. The 1.6 Sidi are much improved and the gearbox has been revised too.

Comment

Originally posted by sriray View Post
                                Good to see you on here Nige.
                                If you have the earlier 1.6T it may suffer the P4 issue as well mapping above 205bhp without injector upgrades. The 1.6 Sidi are much improved and the gearbox has been revised too.
                                what is the P4 issue bud, searches draw a blank for me..? I could have had it tuned elsewhere but figured Thorney from the dealers was a safe tune so am not expecting issues as their work is covered under warranty.. TBH i am not even sure what the SIDI means so if you could shed any light on that it may prove useful, i thought it related to stop/start which she does not use anyway.. On the whole it responds well enough to the tune which it needed for being a big car, it was not all that underpowered anyway which surprised me for a 1.6t petrol and besides she only does short journeys which would killl a tractor engine.. I hope to leave it as it is engine wise now with no intentions of modifying it into a monster like my old Z20NET..

Comment

Working...
                                X