Whats this on the fuel filler.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats this on the fuel filler.

Put some diesel in the car today and noticed a little black cap to the left of the fuel cap---seems to be a little switch with a rubber cap on---anyone got any idea what it is---here is a photo-----Thanks DaveClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181010_140936.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	83.6 KB
ID:	248780

Ad blue filler ?

Comment

its the locking latch isn't it
      ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

It’s not a pin anymore? I’m now showing my age [emoji15][emoji15]

Comment

Hello Dave,it looks like a micro switch within a rubber cover,when you press it it sounds just like one---when you close the fuel flap it connects onto this---was just wondering what it was---and I don't have add blue with mine-----Thanks Dave

Comment

Originally posted by markinuckfield View Post
            It’s not a pin anymore? I’m now showing my age [emoji15][emoji15]
            Pin ? not sure what you mean my friend----Dave

Comment

yeah theres a pin just above the button which pops out to the rt,to lock the flap I think
              ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Will have to have another look,are they all the same on all of the Insignia's-----Dave

Comment

looks like it's part of the 'central locking' system,

you lock your car and the pin pops out to engage into a recess on the fuel cap..thus locking it..

and if memory serves the bit with the rubber top on is also activates the alarm if the fuel cap is forced open.
                  Chris

Comment

Aye..your fuel cap is safe and secure..
                    sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the information, you are probably correct - - - Dave

Comment

Originally posted by markinuckfield View Post
                        Ad blue filler ?
                        there is a ad blue filler on mine its next to fuel cap but has quite a distinguishing feature, Its BLUE

Comment

Working...
                        X