Fifth Gear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fifth Gear

Just watching the latest episode of Fifth Gear that was on last night and the new GSI Tourer got a bit of a slating in their team test feature. That said they had the diesel version and tested it by just blasting a diesel estate car round a track!!

That's the problem with these programs. They choose the wrong car for the type of test they do. Who wants to thrash a diesel around a track in real life? They're motorway cruisers and country tourers so do the tests where they're meant to be used.
    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

They mainly marked it down as it was badged as a GSI but wasn’t sporty....it’s a diesel estate!! Tiff whasit also wasn’t happy that even in sport mode a 4 wheel drive diesel estate wouldn’t drift a lot!!

Comment

Originally posted by bransoj View Post
        They mainly marked it down as it was badged as a GSI but wasn’t sporty....it’s a diesel estate!! Tiff whasit also wasn’t happy that even in sport mode a 4 wheel drive diesel estate wouldn’t drift a lot!!
        these people don't live in the real world,,,any car they test is gonna be a disappointment after thrashing 500/600 hp monsters around the same track,which for the most, are out of the reach of us commoners. Tossers,especially Needell
        ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
          these people don't live in the real world,,,any car they test is gonna be a disappointment after thrashing 500/600 hp monsters around the same track,which for the most, are out of the reach of us commoners. Tossers,especially Needell
          Yep...In the same show Plato and Chandhok we’re doing a head to head test between a Nismo GTR and 911 Gt2 RS...both a snip at Ł140k including one part where they compared them as everyday drivers which was handy stuff to know!!

Comment

oh yeah 140k,,everday drivers,,my house wouldn't go for 140k
            ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Apparently the 911 has scaffolding instead of back seats but does gave Cup holders!!

Comment

I watched it,as a programme I do quite enjoy fifth gear.
                i generally though the gsi looked good but then as said it did get slated,but how out of context was that...
                drifting an awd?? And on a race track. My estate is high powered and can keep just about keep pace with an m3.
                put both on a race track..I’d be enilated.
                sigpic

Comment

It’s a shame because a more in depth test comparing it to similar estates would have been good then they could have just played on the track in the GTR & 911 which they are made to do.

Comment

Still....140k for a Datsun. !! Lol.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Logosgil View Post
                      Still....140k for a Datsun. !! Lol.
                      And Ł70k more than the normal Datsun for some reason!!

Comment

id'e have one

Comment

Instead of the 911?
                          sigpic

Comment

Great posts Lads.
                            We don't live in their world.
                            I still do Bike Track Days
                            It's great to see 250's/600's **** 1000cc bikes over on small circuits
                            I'm guessing it's the same with cars

Comment

This weeks episode another diesel estate tested on the team test feature, new Volvo V60, only this time instead of getting annoyed that it wouldn’t drift around a track they actually tested it buy driving it round local roads and dual carriageway normally and were impressed by it. Fancy that...a car being good at what it was designed for!!

Comment

Working...
                              X