Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil life remaining indicator question

Good morning everyone,

Hope this question hasn't been asked before but is the Oil Life Remaining indicator connected to an actual sensor in the engine or

just a guestimate generated by the milage covered,

Thanks in advance

It’s a guess by the ecu based on mileage, short journeys, start stops etc I change my oil every 10k

Comment

Also will count down to zero from 100% in approximately 12 months.
      LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

Originally posted by Witty View Post
        sorry but my Insignia says this is bullshit. When i bought it almost 3yrs ago the oil etc was changed and reset to 100% now in that time i have covered more than 10k miles done **** loads of short journeys and its now on 21% and other than a puncture and a new boost valve and a new stop/start battery the car has been sweet as a nut. its a 61 plate ecoflex 160bhp

Comment

Originally posted by Witty View Post
          True my car 100% after dealer service, did 25 mile, stayed in garage for a week did 50 mile, back in garage for second week and now at 95% so its definitely got a time calculation (note car has done 4000 mile since it was serviced last November (2017) and was something like 10% when i dropped it off for service in late Sept this year (2018).

Comment

I had been told the primary enforcer of the oil life was how many dpf regens. Personally, I just ignore it and do the oil and oil filter every 10,000 miles.

Which incidentally is about every 4-6 months

Comment

Working...
            X