Power steering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power steering

Hi guys, just a quick one. I have had an intermittent noise coming from the front of the car when I am driving. Its more of a moan ( not the wife type ). Could this be the power steering pump about to die ? Turned the wheel the other evening and got a noise from the power steering pump.

I thought it was brakes originally. As I say this is intermittent and a pain in the ass. No vibration at all in the steering wheel and disappeared when I accelerated but when I slowed it moaned again. It sounds like something under pressure and its the only thing I can think of as if it had been brakes I would hear a metallic sound.

Curious.

Thanks in advance

Is the pas oil level ok?
    Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
    Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

That would be the boost control solenoid valve located next to the bonnet catch. It is black with a white top and has two pipes and a wiring plug going to it. It's not doing any harm the way it is just now more of an annoyance. They seem to not last very long and start mooing and are available from euro car parts for around 70 or more from the dealers. You can pick up genuine ones from Vauxhall parts eBay sellers for alot less. part number 55573362.
      Stay clear of the aftermarket ones under 20 bucks. I bought one of these and my car threw up a turbo overboost error.

Comment

Well Mr csak1981 were 100% correct in what you said. Solenoid changed and no noise.

thank you very very much indeed.

Hasty

Comment

No probs I've changed mine 3 times in 5 years. Where did you pick yours up and how much did it set you back?
          Last edited by csak1981; 23-10-2018, 07:03 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Was the noise you were hearing anything like in this YouTube clip?

I’m getting this type of noise but mainly when engine cold and stationary/low speed. No fluid leaks.
            Keen to know if yours sounded similar and I could try the fix mentioned above

Comment

Working...
            X