Bumper scraped, drove off of course.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bumper scraped, drove off of course.

As the title, I was in B&Q, when I came out, I found a note on my windscreen.

"car registration ******* hit your bumper checked it & drove off. Damage is visible"

Does anyone know how I stand legally? I want to post his reg on here and try to find him, but unsure of any implications. I know the make and colour, and have checked it was tested & insured etc.

Either ask b&q for cctv . Really the whiteness should have left you s number to call to witness it to police so without witness or evidence then your buggered really pal

14 Facelift ecoflex, 2.0 CDTI 190, Nav, S/S

Comment

Hi Jordan, yes I wish I had a contact number, but appreciate them leaving something. I will ask for the CCTV, (if available). Luckily it is only a minor scrape, just that I had the front end resprayed recently (another scrape while the car was stationary).

Comment

Anyone know if I can post his details on social media?

Comment

Originally posted by Red Stoat View Post
          Anyone know if I can post his details on social media?
          I’d do it. Someone will know them. Worse that can happen? You get asked to take them down

14 Facelift ecoflex, 2.0 CDTI 190, Nav, S/S

Comment

Name and shame
            That way they'll think twice about doing it again.

Comment

And if you do put it on fartface, then as Jordan says, someone is bound to know who it is and it will maybe get them to own up about it.

Comment

Then "send the boys around"

Comment

What a w4nker driving off!
                  2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Police should help you here, the witness is key too, but I would call the police give them the reg, they should tell you his insurer etc.

But and here's the but there is a legal loophole that I only found out after a similar, only thing was my damage was in the thousands and I had a dash cam, anyway the police will tell you if they say they never noticed they did it there is nothing the police can do as far as charging etc for driving off but should still give you their insurance details.

If you have the witness details even better.

Maybe too late this time but I would buy a dash cam, mines has a sensor that when I am out of the car it detects movement and knocks etc, well worth the small initial outlay buddy.

Comment

I would just go straight to cops mate,,see if the store will give you the footage too...bastards !
                      ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Thanks for the advice lads, much appreciated. The CCTV was "down" at the time, and the Old Bill won't give me anything, apart from a warning, because I said if I saw the car parked, a brick might fall through his window.
                        I am looking into sites like Facebook & Spotted etc. Oh I have Dashcams front & rear, but it looks like the impact was too light to activate the "bump" feature. I do have quite a few professional drivers in the town, keeping their eyes peeled for the motor.

Comment

Unfortunately,this will end up you just paying for the fix.police won’t do anything,too under funded and short staffed for that.
                          going eye for eye will just end up with you getting into bother.

folk that are mainly law abiding seem get the **** end of the stick.
                          sigpic

Comment

Yeah it's pretty ****, luckily I had witnesses and dash cam, plus the police gave me their insurance company details, if you have the reg could you not let your insurance find them they will easily with reg.

It's high time car makers incorporated a system as an option.

Comment

I would definitely report it to the police and get an incident number......it always helps in a claim.

Comment

Working...
                              X