Fuel Additives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Additives

Hi all, has anyone been using diesel additives ? If so what have you used and what would you recommend ? I have been told that the Hydra diesel cleaner and booster is good. Anyone got anything to add ?

Regards Hasty

Snakeoil,,keep your money
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

I tried 2 stroke oil (low ash) in my old cdti vectra c, also tried Miller's diesel. I personally believe this helps keep the EGR and DPF cleaner.
      We all know the egr can get really clogged and it's not a self cleaning part like the dpf. And it's not a service item in the service book.

Comment

I also used two stroke oil as an additive in the diesel tank on my old vectra c. Not used anything on the Insignia as of yet.
        LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

I use the Archoil stuff in mime, seems better value than Millers. Used it in my old car as well and it ran really well with it.
          The way I see it, it's the equivalent of running it on premium diesel but its cheaper.

Comment

I've used Cataclean in a few other cars once a year and found it does seem to help with emissions,not used it my 16T though.
            Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
            Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

I have used the powermaxed DPF cleaner and their fuel injector additive very few months in mine never all that sure if they are doing much but car always seems smoother and I haven't has any DPF problems. Still need to get finger out and grow a pair and try cleaning my EGR out sometime.

Comment

Another one here using the millers ecomax stuff
                Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Originally posted by Howy View Post
                  I've used Cataclean in a few other cars once a year and found it does seem to help with emissions,not used it my 16T though.
                  I used Miller's on mine in the beginning now I just I put in Tesco Momentum fuel.

Comment

Originally posted by Graeme1975 View Post
                    I have used the powermaxed DPF cleaner and their fuel injector additive very few months in mine never all that sure if they are doing much but car always seems smoother and I haven't has any DPF problems. Still need to get finger out and grow a pair and try cleaning my EGR out sometime.
                    Graeme you can get your garage to clean the egr out and have it done once a year when it has service. That is what I would do if I get a diesel.

Comment

Working...
                    X