Dab or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dab or not?

Been looking at Insignias for my next car, ideally woulqd love the VX line in Red but it's a touch out the price range. So looking at the other VX line models and want to know if there is a way of knowing if the car comes with DAB or not as this is a must for me.

I could retro fit it but I don't want to have to spend ages in the winter fitting it

Some of the cars are a good drive away, and dealers are not all clued up,

Comment

Right, I wasn't sure if the aerial was a sign of it being dab or not.

Last question, is DAB standard if the car has Sat Nav?

Comment

Is that from the facelift model?

Comment

Had no problems with DAB on mine bar one spot on the road from Scarborough to Whitby near Robin Hoods Bay and one random morning where it decided it didnt want to pick anything up then a couple of hours later in the same place it was fine! Its great being able to listen to Radio 5 at a weekend for the sport and have none of the MW zizziness that drives you bonkers. Also means i can listen to Absolute Radio 90s quite a lot!

Comment

That's exactly what I want it for. Talk sport crackle free

Comment

I'm looking forward to hearing kisstory and things like that which aren't available on FM

Comment

When the DAB stations have the National underneath them they are the strongest signal and no loss, unless in a tunnel.

Some stations only us their weaker DAB signals and do loose them. i also find the DAB stations have clearer sound and bass, so sound crisper and clear.

Even found station called 'SmoothXmas' for all your festive songs.... LOL
                Live to ride, Ride to live

Comment

The other half will love that one

Comment

I've found that.. Absolute only transmit at 64kbps which is terrible sound quality. Most of the other stations that are non bbc are similar too. Signal is strong but sound is poor due to the stations transmitting speeds.

Comment

I've noticed it collects local stations and seems to store them

Comment

Working...
                      X