Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electronic handbrake

I am not a fan of the handbrake switch.

Mine seems temperamental with the auto release.

It releases fine manually with the button but seems intermittent on the auto release.

Some days it releases first time and works fine when I drive off, other days it won't come off when I try to pull away.

Does anyone know what the issue is and how to fix it so it works consistently?

It's getting on my nerves!

Seems like a daft question but why do you keep driving off with it on?
    Takes a second to press the button to release then drive off?
    North Manchester - Diesel 2.0 litre 2013 facelift SRI VX-LINE CDTIA - Nav 900 Intellilink - 19" Diamond Alloys

Comment

Because it's designed to do that, but more importantly on a slight incline you need to put it on to drive away as it's not steep enough for the hill assist to kick in, so you can't then drive off without rolling back.

Comment

best thing since sliced bread imo ,,wouldn't want to go back to a normal one
        ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by tucker View Post
          I am not a fan of the handbrake switch.

Mine seems temperamental with the auto release.

It releases fine manually with the button but seems intermittent on the auto release.

Some days it releases first time and works fine when I drive off, other days it won't come off when I try to pull away.

Does anyone know what the issue is and how to fix it so it works consistently?

It's getting on my nerves!
          How is it when you lift the clutch a little and give the throttle a little blip? Does it release ok then? Also, Are you having the clicking clutch peddle issue? I think I read somewhere that was related to the e brake not disengaging properly.
          2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

When it wants to work, it releases with a little revs and slight raise of the clutch, but when it's having a strop it won't have it regardless of what you do.

Comment

Make sure as said above you’ve got clutch down and blip throttle mine works relentlessly

14 Facelift ecoflex, 2.0 CDTI 190, Nav, S/S

Comment

I wouldn't want to go back to a traditional handbrake.

Comment

Just drive as if you have no handbrake
                  You'll soon get super quick at brake to accelerater pedal and not go backwards at all.

Comment

It's worked as it should today. Yesterday it was having none of it.

I just haven't worked out the difference yet!

Comment

Working...
                    X