2011 2.0cdti 158 Cambelt change (price)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Plym Ian View Post
    Foes anyone know if you need any timing tools to do the cambelt?
    Wouldn’t mind giving it ago when mine needs doing
    It can be done without the tools but if you’ve not tackled anything like this before then maybe best to use them.
    It’s a pity your not closer as you could have borrowed my set.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wullie View Post
      It can be done without the tools but if you’ve not tackled anything like this before then maybe best to use them.
      Ditto. I'm half way, Although I'm hoping go on holiday. to near Callington (Amy Tree) once a year, due there this May, although I've not booked yet. but you would want it before then I should think.
      Sport Touror Elite 163

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wullie View Post
        Yeh I couldn’t get any further away

Comment

Hi Guys

Hope you are all well and great for 2019. I have the same sound since 2012 and it has not caused any issues and about cambelt - I was told that new insignia from 2012 onwards do not have them but are onn chains??

Can that be correct or am I wrong? I have been told by a garage nearby. Thank you and God Bless

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Bee View Post
            Hi Guys

Hope you are all well and great for 2019. I have the same sound since 2012 and it has not caused any issues and about cambelt - I was told that new insignia from 2012 onwards do not have them but are onn chains??

Can that be correct or am I wrong? I have been told by a garage nearby. Thank you and God Bless
            I had mine replaced by vauxhall and its a 2014 2.0 cdti and it's a belt not a chain. Put your registration into eurocarparts and check the timing belt kits and timing chains if it doesn't list a chain then its a belt.

Comment

Thank you markf497. Will do that. Greatly appreciated.

Have a great day and God Bless

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Bee View Post
                Hi Guys

My motor is MY13 and is belt driven 2.0 CDTI I would think twice before I used that garage.
                Sport Touror Elite 163

Dave

Comment

Mine is facelift 2014 CDTi ECOflex 6 speed ............ definitely cambelt on mine, and all of them to 2016 as far as I'm aware ?

Comment

Working...
                  X