Easystart R+ location inside car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Easystart R+ location inside car?

Hi. I’m trying to find where the Easystart R+ module is located inside the car. Insignia Tourer 2015.

Anyone knows?

It look like this
    Attached Files

whats it for ?
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

It’s for the fuel driven parking heater.

Comment

would they fit them to cars for the uk market ?
        ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

From the bit of info here it would appear the heater is in the wheel well and the control unit attached to the fuse box? I may be wrong.

Comment

That doesn't look like a cheap upgrade
            Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

I think they fit them to cars in the UK if you want when ordering your car. It’s possible to retrofit it but rather expensive. I think it’s the best thing ever to come out to a warm car in the cold winter and never have to remove ice from the windows and no engine coldstarts. I have it programmed in the winter to be warm and ready each workday morning and evening when it’s time to drive home. When at the mall or something I just press a button 30mins before it’s time to go. Pretty nice feature if you live in a cold country as Sweden can be.

Thank you so much for the schematic and tip where it may be located. Gonna check it immediately. I was told it usually is mounted around the steering column in the car but couldn’t find it yesterday. They said it sometimes is in the trunk behind the panels. Gonna install a upgraded control unit with Cellular. The remote with small display I have today is good and reaches very far but an app on the iPhone is much better imo.

ETA: It was quite fun yesterday when I started it for the first time since last cold day. It smoked like crazy from the exhaust near the wheelhouse and the parking lot was filled with smoke of burning oil. It does that when have not been running for a long time but when used often you barley see any smoke when it starts.
              Last edited by Tornhill; 20-10-2018, 03:04 PM. Reason: Added info

Comment

Working...
              X