Car
    Insignia Grand Sport Elite Turbo d 170
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forum Key Rings
    Yeah....there's definitely something wrong here! That's the kind of figures I was expecting.
    Last long motorway run I was just cruising at 70 for entire journey...but as I said previously, didn't even hit 49 mpg. Got the fuel pipe recall to sort out soon, so I reckon the garage will have a few other things to look at
    Just noticed that I'm losing dab signal when rear demister is switched on.
    I may have bought a pup .

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is disappointing when you buy a new or nearly new car and things aren’t right - despite the warranty. Mine went back in as soon as I had it as the keyless entry stopped working (I got it back with a dent in the door - which was sorted). It’s booked in again for a dash warning about parking sensors and for fitting the second rear light cluster as the both original and replacement suffer from condensation! Trouble is it’s a great looking car and drives very well compared to the previous model in my opinion. Just need to “bond” with it at some point!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Banzaiboy View Post
    For a comparison I also have the Grand Sport 2.0 Turbo d 170 and currently get 48mpg average according to the carís computer. This is mainly A roads and not much urban. On a motorway run at 70 mph this will rise to at least 58 mpg. I am not heavy footed on the accelerator though.
    Mine (euro 6) wont do anything like these figures no matter how steady I go best I can get is 46 if sticking to 55/56 on motorway might be due to it being Automatic but I gave up long time ago believing what sales literature says.

Racing Driver

Car
    Insignia SRi NAV 1.6T Hatchback
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is what i use to check if its normal
    https://www.honestjohn.co.uk/realmpg...and-sport-2017

OWNER OF 2012 INSIGNIA SRI NAV HATCHBACK 1.6T

Racing Driver

Car
    Insignia SRi NAV 1.6T Hatchback
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ilunn View Post
    Mine (euro 6) wont do anything like these figures no matter how steady I go best I can get is 46 if sticking to 55/56 on motorway might be due to it being Automatic but I gave up long time ago believing what sales literature says.
    Shocking really but its right
    https://www.honestjohn.co.uk/realmpg...-170-automatic

OWNER OF 2012 INSIGNIA SRI NAV HATCHBACK 1.6T

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep the figures on that web site for the 2.0 Turbo D 170 Automatic "real MPG" are are near to what I can achieve if i'm careful but I do have to be careful, The 50 mile motorway journey last night with speeds 75 or less is showing 41 MPG, most of time its around 36/37 when keeping up with traffic.

Car
    Kia Optima 1.7 CRDI DCT 4D EX Premium Pack 2017
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A stupid question, as I live in an area where you measure consumption by L/100km (litres per 100 kilometres), but do you use MPG (US), or MPG (imperial) as a consumption measurement unit? There seems to be quite a difference if Spritmonitor.de is to be trusted, which I use for consumption logging.

As a comparison, my Kia Optima (1.7 automatic), which is roughly a same sized and weighted car than Grand Sport, goes an average 42 MPG (US), or 50+ MPG (imp), on a 47 000 km (29 000 miles) record period. Translated from 5,58 L/100 km. I feel it's quite decent for a car this size, but not even close what the manufacturer has reported as a NEDC consumption when I bought it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the Uk most people use MPG ("G" being imperial Gallon), I'v never got my head round a why a Gallon in UK is not the same as a gallon in the US.

9. Likes exclusiv. liked
    Car
    Insignia Grand Sport Elite Turbo d 170
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by karsta View Post
    A stupid question, as I live in an area where you measure consumption by L/100km (litres per 100 kilometres), but do you use MPG (US), or MPG (imperial) as a consumption measurement unit? There seems to be quite a difference if Spritmonitor.de is to be trusted, which I use for consumption logging.

As a comparison, my Kia Optima (1.7 automatic), which is roughly a same sized and weighted car than Grand Sport, goes an average 42 MPG (US), or 50+ MPG (imp), on a 47 000 km (29 000 miles) record period. Translated from 5,58 L/100 km. I feel it's quite decent for a car this size, but not even close what the manufacturer has reported as a NEDC consumption when I bought it.
    This is a good idea.....thanks for reminding me of the difference. Unfortunately, the car only has 2 options in the menu system...Imperial and Metric. Imperial has been selected.
    Reading this forum has made me think though that it's a good idea to (not regularly, but every now and then) disconnect the battery for a while to reset everything fully. I think i'll give this a go over the weekend. The car was never properly reset when i purchased it from the Network Q garage. Still had previous owners phones etc in the system.
    Sometimes turning it off and back on again works wonders

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2