Grand Sport 2.0 Turbo d 170 mpg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grand Sport 2.0 Turbo d 170 mpg

For all the GS owners.....any idea what might be causing such a low mpg figure on my car? I've just moved from a Mazda 6 (2.2d 150ps) and would routinely get a daily commute mpg of 44.5. This was combo city/little motorway driving over roughly 17 miles each way.
    With the Insignia, I'm struggling to get 34!
    I've also just come back from Alton Towers...roughly 250 miles each way. In the Mazda, I'd get close to 60mpg and on one tank I'd be driving down, back and then get a couple of days driving about on one tank.....just come back this morning from Alton Towers and mpg never even hit 49mpg!! It also looks like I'll have to fill up again later today.
    I reported what I suspected to be a low mpg when I bought the car, but the dealers are less than helpful. If anyone knows what I should take a look at it would be appreciated

If your car is new it could be because everything is still tight. You should start to see a higher average as it loosens up.
    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Thanks....almost 9000 on the clock. Would have thought it was loosened up by now.
      Lovely smooth car to drive with no apparent loss in power, so i suspect you may be right though...I'll just need to get some more long runs in to see if it improves any.

Comment

I have the sports tourer with a 2.0. I'm getting about 45mpg, but I'm not getting the miles in on long journeys mine has been mainly town driving.

Comment

Originally posted by Nickmagic View Post
          I have the sports tourer with a 2.0. I'm getting about 45mpg, but I'm not getting the miles in on long journeys mine has been mainly town driving.
          That's kind of what I'd be expecting to get....I'd be really happy with 45 daily. I think the dealer is gonna have to have a proper look at this. I've got a funny feeling this might be turbo related as it is making an odd noise when it's spooling up. Almost sounds like an air leak around 2200rpm.

Comment

Might pay you to get an app and keep track of your fill ups and see if that mimics your dash.

Comment

170 MPG looks to good to be true (see thread title)

Comment

Lol...yeah. Filling the tank every couple of months would be amazing 😂

Comment

I agree with what has been said. My petrol 1.5T 165 was averaging low to mid 30's mpg on mixed driving which rose to high 30's after about 1000 miles, and on a recent long run, I averaged mid to high 40's mpg. I am happy with that, given that I do 'open it up' every now and then, and I don't do any driving in a laboratory LOL.

Comment

For a comparison I also have the Grand Sport 2.0 Turbo d 170 and currently get 48mpg average according to the car’s computer. This is mainly A roads and not much urban. On a motorway run at 70 mph this will rise to at least 58 mpg. I am not heavy footed on the accelerator though.

Comment

Yeah....there's definitely something wrong here! That's the kind of figures I was expecting.
                      Last long motorway run I was just cruising at 70 for entire journey...but as I said previously, didn't even hit 49 mpg. Got the fuel pipe recall to sort out soon, so I reckon the garage will have a few other things to look at
                      Just noticed that I'm losing dab signal when rear demister is switched on.
                      I may have bought a pup .

Comment

It is disappointing when you buy a new or nearly new car and things aren’t right - despite the warranty. Mine went back in as soon as I had it as the keyless entry stopped working (I got it back with a dent in the door - which was sorted). It’s booked in again for a dash warning about parking sensors and for fitting the second rear light cluster as the both original and replacement suffer from condensation! Trouble is it’s a great looking car and drives very well compared to the previous model in my opinion. Just need to “bond” with it at some point!

Comment

Originally posted by Banzaiboy View Post
                          For a comparison I also have the Grand Sport 2.0 Turbo d 170 and currently get 48mpg average according to the car’s computer. This is mainly A roads and not much urban. On a motorway run at 70 mph this will rise to at least 58 mpg. I am not heavy footed on the accelerator though.
                          Mine (euro 6) wont do anything like these figures no matter how steady I go best I can get is 46 if sticking to 55/56 on motorway might be due to it being Automatic but I gave up long time ago believing what sales literature says.

Comment

This is what i use to check if its normal

Comment

Originally posted by ilunn View Post
                              Mine (euro 6) wont do anything like these figures no matter how steady I go best I can get is 46 if sticking to 55/56 on motorway might be due to it being Automatic but I gave up long time ago believing what sales literature says.
                              Shocking really but its right

Comment

Working...
                              X