No announcement yet.

Grand Sport 2.0 Turbo d 170 mpg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep the figures on that web site for the 2.0 Turbo D 170 Automatic "real MPG" are are near to what I can achieve if i'm careful but I do have to be careful, The 50 mile motorway journey last night with speeds 75 or less is showing 41 MPG, most of time its around 36/37 when keeping up with traffic.

Comment

A stupid question, as I live in an area where you measure consumption by L/100km (litres per 100 kilometres), but do you use MPG (US), or MPG (imperial) as a consumption measurement unit? There seems to be quite a difference if Spritmonitor.de is to be trusted, which I use for consumption logging.

As a comparison, my Kia Optima (1.7 automatic), which is roughly a same sized and weighted car than Grand Sport, goes an average 42 MPG (US), or 50+ MPG (imp), on a 47 000 km (29 000 miles) record period. Translated from 5,58 L/100 km. I feel it's quite decent for a car this size, but not even close what the manufacturer has reported as a NEDC consumption when I bought it.

Comment

In the Uk most people use MPG ("G" being imperial Gallon), I'v never got my head round a why a Gallon in UK is not the same as a gallon in the US.

Comment

Originally posted by karsta View Post
          A stupid question, as I live in an area where you measure consumption by L/100km (litres per 100 kilometres), but do you use MPG (US), or MPG (imperial) as a consumption measurement unit? There seems to be quite a difference if Spritmonitor.de is to be trusted, which I use for consumption logging.

As a comparison, my Kia Optima (1.7 automatic), which is roughly a same sized and weighted car than Grand Sport, goes an average 42 MPG (US), or 50+ MPG (imp), on a 47 000 km (29 000 miles) record period. Translated from 5,58 L/100 km. I feel it's quite decent for a car this size, but not even close what the manufacturer has reported as a NEDC consumption when I bought it.
          This is a good idea.....thanks for reminding me of the difference. Unfortunately, the car only has 2 options in the menu system...Imperial and Metric. Imperial has been selected.
          Reading this forum has made me think though that it's a good idea to (not regularly, but every now and then) disconnect the battery for a while to reset everything fully. I think i'll give this a go over the weekend. The car was never properly reset when i purchased it from the Network Q garage. Still had previous owners phones etc in the system.
          Sometimes turning it off and back on again works wonders

Comment

Don't know how the engines compare, but prior to getting a 1.5t petrol GS earlier this month with less than 2k on the clock I was running a 2013 2.0 CDTi SE. I had it from 2014, with 33k on the clock (ex Enterprise), and in the 5 years I drove it I covered a further 50k with an average mpg of 43.2 (never zeroed the trip2 setting). By comparison, after 250 miles in the GS I'm getting about 32, hope this will improve...
            2018 1.5T SRi Nav
            Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

Sounds about right, my GS is approaching 1 year old and my average is 33.2

Comment

I guess the 1.6D must be the correct engine for me then. Average over its 11k miles is 50.3 MPG. Most of which is ring road type motoring. Seen 66 over a 300 mile trip and that's at normal legal speeds (up to 80!)

Comment

Originally posted by Adzteign21 View Post
                  Sounds about right, my GS is approaching 1 year old and my average is 33.2
                  Same with mine after 14 months. My experience after coming from a Vectra diesel which I drove for 8 years, and 2 Vectra petrols before that, tells me that diesels are 40-50 percent more fuel-efficient than petrols.

Comment

Insingnia 2014 CDTI 163 was returning 66mpg on my daily commute, manage a pip short of 80mpg on a dawdling long run to Middlesborough. My new Grandsport 170 CDTI is returning 48mpg on my daily commute, and struggles to reach 55mpg on a long run, they are horrendously bad on economy, and apparently is down to the Euro intervention of emissions apparently. Big step back. I've gon from 55mpg in my Vectras, to 66mpg in the Insignia A, back to 48mpg in the Grandsport.

Comment

Just look at it as you're helping the environment
                      2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
                        Just look at it as you're helping the environment
                        economical cars = less tax,.. nothing to do with the environment!!

Comment

The factory map is still partly for lower emissions.

Lower emissions = better for the environment
                          2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Working...
                          X