Footwell Lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Footwell Lights

Can I put LED bulbs in my footwell lights as a direct replacement? Or will the need load resitors like DRLs do?

Straight swap
    Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
    Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Cheers m8

Comment

Or you can tap into the existing wiring and add the LED strips (same as goes around the gear lever surround).
        Gear lever comes on with opening drivers door or headlights come on. Footwell only comes on with doors open. then fades out when closed.
        2018-08-13-Iphone (5) by Jonese _, on Flickr

Comment

Ive ordered white LED festoon bulbs for the footwell lights, 45mm Red LED strip for gear surround, which Ill wire to come on with lights, white LED bulbs for courtesy/map lights, and Vaux logo LED puddle lights

Comment

Am also wanting to add red ambient lighting to door handles, tapped into window switches, just not 100% on where the LEDs are meant to be located yet

Comment

Are you me? I'm in the process of doing exactly the same.

Already got the gear stick surround wired in. With the intention of adding the same lights behind the door handles tapped into the red LED ambient light in the handle recess, or the window switch controls.

Lemme know how you get on with taking the door cards off and wiring up. Not had the chance to do this yet but it's on the list.

Also swapped out all the interior lights for white as well, makes a massive difference!

Comment

Just had a read of your thread, Im awaiting my parking sensors being delivered too haha. My puddle lights are the vauxhall logo thats on the insignia grille in white. Ive also ordered a twin usb socket to replace the cigarette lighter plug in ashtray that illuminates red

Comment

I've never actually thought about just swapping out the cigarette lighter with a USB socket. It's a completely useless function other than plugging a USB charger into it, so why not just eliminate the middleman.

One to add to the list. You got a link there for the socket your using? You've piqued my interest!

Now what would be good, would be a wireless charging pad somehow in the place of the ashtray/cigarette lighter....

Anyone happen to have a 3D printer to print out a cubbyhole for it!?

Comment

Originally posted by troublednoodle View Post
                    I've never actually thought about just swapping out the cigarette lighter with a USB socket. It's a completely useless function other than plugging a USB charger into it, so why not just eliminate the middleman.

One to add to the list. You got a link there for the socket your using? You've piqued my interest!

Now what would be good, would be a wireless charging pad somehow in the place of the ashtray/cigarette lighter....

Thats the one I ordered

As said it makes more sense and looks better than having a usb adapter plugged into it, plus still have another 12v lighter type socket in armrest if need to plug anything in like a tyre inflator etc

Comment

Any recommendations for decent white 42mm festoon footwell/door LEDs that won't break the bank?

I've had some fitted for about a year, and they're slowly starting to give up the ghost now, either flickering disco style, or just dying completely.

Comment

Originally posted by troublednoodle View Post

I've got the usb/aux extension in there......saves me opening the armrest

Comment

Where do you write the gear box step up to? Looks good that.

Comment

Sorry predictive text .....where do you wire the gear box strip up to thead

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmac988 View Post
                              Sorry predictive text .....where do you wire the gear box strip up to thead
                              Take the trim off and wire it into the positive and negative on the cigarette lighter.

Well that's what I did.

Comment

Working...
                              X