Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone ever changed the door pins on a facelift?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone ever changed the door pins on a facelift?

Saw these on eBay and was considering pulling the trigger,

The description says that basically, if the door pins can be screwed out then they should fit.

I've had a go at trying to screw mine out of their sockets, but didn't have much luck. They did seem to screw a wee bit though, which makes me unsure as to whether i'm not just trying hard enough (for fear of breaking them), or actually, they aren't supposed to unscrew.

Anyone ever tried it?

I fitted chrome irmscher styled ones.

the old ones were mega tight so had to use pliers...……….as I was throwing them away anyway, I wasn't bothered if they got damaged.

but......id use pliers or vise grips

Comment

Awesome! Glad to know they do actually come out.

I didn't want to go at them with a pair of pliers, ruin them, then discover they didn't actually come out and i'm just left with a ruined door pin I can't change.

Cheers mate!

Comment

anytime bud

Comment

Originally posted by troublednoodle View Post
          Saw these on eBay and was considering pulling the trigger,

The description says that basically, if the door pins can be screwed out then they should fit.

I've had a go at trying to screw mine out of their sockets, but didn't have much luck. They did seem to screw a wee bit though, which makes me unsure as to whether i'm not just trying hard enough (for fear of breaking them), or actually, they aren't supposed to unscrew.

Anyone ever tried it?
          got the same set in mine
          ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Yeah the standard ones are in tight. I've got the same ones but in black.

2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Cheers guys. Got them arriving next week!

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
                Yeah the standard ones are in tight. I've got the same ones but in black.

How do yours sit when locked mate ?
                Just I've the same ones and when they are locked they are completely hidden inside as if they too short

Originally posted by RBH View Post
                I fitted chrome irmscher styled ones.

the old ones were mega tight so had to use pliers...……….as I was throwing them away anyway, I wasn't bothered if they got damaged.

but......id use pliers or vise grips
                You got any pics of how the look in the locked position ? (as I might order a set if they that tad longer)

Comment

Originally posted by Poolie8 View Post
                  Just I've the same ones and when they are locked they are completely hidden inside as if they too short

You got any pics of how the look in the locked position ? (as I might order a set if they that tad longer)
                  Yep...they sit kinda flush mate.
                  I like them like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Poolie8 View Post

These are mine when down. Have you tried unscrewing yours a little so they sit a bit higher?
                    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
                      got the same set in mine
                      They have a long thread on them, mine took awhile to undo

Comment

Working...
                      X