Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings from Finland

Hi all,

Finally decided to register to this forum, have been browsing as a guest for a while. The atmosphere on this site seems positive and friendly, and active too.

I ordered my first Insignia (and my first Opel too, as branded here in Finland) a few weeks ago, and it should be arriving on December, or January at the latest. Currently driving a 1,5 year old Kia Optima diesel, which is a fine car too, but after taking a test ride with Insignia's AGR seats it got me convinced that now it's time to upgrade. Kia Optima's seats are horrible compared to Opel's. My car cycle usually lasts for about 1-2 years, (I get easily bored = unhealthy for the wallet), and this time I was brave enough to go and try Opel. I almost ended up with a new Opel Astra Sports Tourer on late 2016, but Kia's superior warranty, 7 yrs vs. 2 yrs, managed to lure me away from Opel back then. I've always liked Opel, maybe because my two bigger brothers both had Opel Kadett as their first cars, from the golden 80's. At the moment Opel importer in Finland has a campaign of 5 year warranty for new Opel models, it was pretty much an offer you couldn't refuse. Previously I've had various rides from different eras and manufactures, like Toyota Corolla, Mercedes C, Volvo V40, Seat Toledo, VW Golf, Ford Fiesta, some Kia's, but mostly BMW's.

So, the upcoming Insignia will be a white Sports Tourer with 2.0 diesel and AT8 trans. Trim level will be "more than sufficient", although in Finland there are only 2 base trim levels to choose from, Enjoy and Innovation, but they are highly customizable. I didn't go for big wheels or sunroofs etc, but instead focused more on comfort. I will make a detailed description with pictures later when it arrives. Some small mods are already planned.

As for myself, I'm an average IT guy living in southern part of Finland, 35 years of age, with hobbies and interests on convertible BMW's, various sports, technology in general, and you could also say I'm sort of Netflix addicted. BMW's have always been close to my heart, there is something satisfying in the BMW 6-cylinder engine.. but right now I'm very excited getting the new Insignia!

Welcome to the forum buddy.

It's a good bunch on here.

When you get the car, get some pictures posted.

Comment

Welcome
      LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

Welcome
        sigpic

Comment

Hi,

You've got through a fair few cars...Some nice ones too! The new Insignia is a lovely car. I don't think you'll be disappointed. Aleady looking forward to seeing the pics when you get it. I hope it's decent weather the day you pick it up.
          2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Welcome

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
            Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Welcome Aboard Mate, most are friendly on here and give positive advice I have found, nice set of lads all with common interests, Their Motors

Comment

,Welcome
                Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
                Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Welcome mate. Good to see another Insignia B owner. Enjoy your new Sports Tourer.

Comment

One more week till delivery... faster than I expected.

Comment

Originally posted by karsta View Post
                      One more week till delivery... faster than I expected.

Now here comes the sleepless nights.
                      LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

Originally posted by Witty View Post
                        Now here comes the sleepless nights.
                        That might very well be true, haven't really thought about the whole thing so far. Gonna have to crack the whisky bottle for a nightcap if things are starting to get crazy .

I also put up some history and pics of my older cars under a different thread:
                        https://insignia-drivers.uk/threads/...890#post294890

Comment

Welcome to the forum 👍

Comment

Originally posted by karsta View Post
                            That might very well be true, haven't really thought about the whole thing so far. Gonna have to crack the whisky bottle for a nightcap if things are starting to get crazy .

I also put up some history and pics of my older cars under a different thread:
                            https://insignia-drivers.uk/threads/...890#post294890
                            I hope it's a nice expensive SCOTCH whisky.....and not one of those cheap imitations

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
                              I hope it's a nice expensive SCOTCH whisky.....and not one of those cheap imitations
                              Does this count? Been saving it for "something special"..

Click image for larger version

Name:	20181124_125030.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	115.0 KB
ID:	242747

Comment

Working...
                              X