HID problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HID problems

Morning! I have had HIDS fitted to my car for just over a year now and been working great however I got in the car his morning and noticed that although big lights were on, they weren’t nearly as bright as they usually are, could the cold have affected them? (It was -3) or are they on their way out and I’ll need new bulbs or ballasts?

Frost on the lenses maybe?

14 Facelift ecoflex, 2.0 CDTI 190, Nav, S/S

Comment

Lenses were clear, it’s as if they weren’t fully heating up, like when they first come on it takes a few seconds to fully light up

Comment

Was it both? Odd if it was. Could be the cold. How were they when the weather warmed up?
        2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
          Was it both? Odd if it was. Could be the cold. How were they when the weather warmed up?
          Yeh both lights were the same, it wasn’t just me being half asleep at 6am �� there was a definite difference and not as bright. I’ll see how they are in the morning

Comment

Could also have been one of the vx gremlins. Probably decided to send only a couple of Volts go your lights.
            2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Working...
            X