Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NAVI 600 (2012) Insignia SRI

Hi All,

I've just registered as I came across this forum whilst searching for an answer!

I bought an Insignia today! I've wanted one for a while. I'm enjoying it so far but I have a question that I hope someone might be able to answer.

The advert said the car has Bluetooth. The unit installed is the NAVI 600. Within the settings of the system there should be (according to the manual) a setting called 'Phone Settings'

This option is no where to be found on my system. I've tried with the key out, key in, key in and one turn, car running. Nothing comes up. If I press the phone button on the unit it mutes the audio and the same thing happens when I press the button on the steering wheel.

Could it be that this Navi 600 has the Bluetooth disabled?

Any thoughts or experiences would be appreciated.

Thank You.

not all the navi600 has Bluetooth ,even though the phone buttons are there
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Seems odd to be that is has a full navigation system, parking sensors, start/stop but no Bluetooth.

Anyway, is there a recommendation anyone would give to fitting a Carplay unit to the Insignia instead of the Navi 600? If I get the unit replaced does the original screen stay where it is? Can that display anything if the Navi 600 is removed? Or is it just blank?

Comment

Don't know your budget, but oem Bluetooth can be retrofitted, by a firm called Vx mods,,, it's not cheap though, about 300 quids
        ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

This is the screen your looking for, reached by pressing the config button to the right as you look at the screen. Off the top 0f my head am not sure if the bluetooth setting is in the phone option or vehicle option, i think its in the phone setting, if you have not got the phone menu ten i guess its not fitted at all.

The other option is to take it back and ask them to show you the bluetooth that they have advertised they may give you summat for nowt

Click image for larger version

Name:	e12_md.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	136.9 KB
ID:	242697

Comment

Originally posted by chili View Post
            This is the screen your looking for, reached by pressing the config button to the right as you look at the screen. Off the top 0f my head am not sure if the bluetooth setting is in the phone option or vehicle option, i think its in the phone setting, if you have not got the phone menu ten i guess its not fitted at all.

The other option is to take it back and ask them to show you the bluetooth that they have advertised they may give you summat for nowt

[ATTACH=CONFIG]502[/ATTACH]
            Absolutely[emoji3516]!! If they advertised it they owe you it !!

14 Facelift ecoflex, 2.0 CDTI 190, Nav, S/S

Comment

My mate did this with an Astra, salesman even said it had Bluetooth because it had the steering wheel buttons. It was was a very major dealer, weeks of arguing and he got nothing.
              You could say you only bought the car cos it had bt, but if that was the case wouldn't one have tried it on the test drive.

Once they have your money or signature not a chance of anything.

As said several after market systems for £300ish, or go android. Good luck.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
              Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

I’d personally go down the “false advertisement” grounds.

14 Facelift ecoflex, 2.0 CDTI 190, Nav, S/S

Comment

We don’t have the phone settings option from that menu. The rest we do have.

Comment

Originally posted by chili View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]502[/ATTACH]

We don’t have the phone settings option from that menu. The rest we do have.

Comment

Thanks for all the feedback. The car dealership confirmed they will sort out the Bluetooth for us. I’ve said though that I would like it fully intergrated as it was sold to us as. Not just to stick a Bluetooth loudspeaker on the visor. I am waiting for a reply. It was also advertised as having a heated quick clear windscreen! Which it didn’t have and they took £100 off the price before we bought it.

Comment

Mine's the same, has the phone buttons, but no bluetooth... but it was not sold as having bluetooth.

Originally posted by MattG View Post
                        My mate did this with an Astra, salesman even said it had Bluetooth because it had the steering wheel buttons. It was was a very major dealer, weeks of arguing and he got nothing.
                        You could say you only bought the car cos it had bt, but if that was the case wouldn't one have tried it on the test drive.
                        I wouldn't have thought so, you can't be expected to test every aspect of the car before purchase, I certainly wouldn't think to pair my phone with a car I was only test driving.

If it was advertised as having bluetooth, and it hasn't, surely it's a clear case of misrepresentation. If I was in the OP's position, I would get a quote from VXmods and push for that - I would hate an aftermarket solution. If the dealer didn't want to play, you may have to go to small claims court... though I suspect the dealer would come to their senses before it got that far.

Comment

good news then

Comment

Working...
                          X