Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The safego but they're the same as in the link. The original link died but those are them. They just package them different.
    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

• Originally posted by marko301 View Post
      In my dipped beam I found even though the LED kit came with cancellers I still had to buy and fit some of these too https://www.ebay.ie/itm/x2PCS-H7-LED...8AAOSwrR5biSKt You can still fit them inside the headlight housing. They don't get hot. I've had my current ones in for over a year now with no issues.

The main concern I and a few other members have had is getting the correct LEDs. On most bulbs the chip doesn't sit withing the metal sheath in the headlight and causes an incorrect scattered beam pattern. Then one of the members found these https://www.ebay.ie/itm/264261797730?ul_noapp=true which give a better cut off.

Which LED bulbs do you have and what is your beam pattern like?
      Both of those links are the exact ones that you've got in your car now? The CANBUS module that I have at the moment looks more or less identical to the one there, but I mean if you've got those and they work I guess I'll order it and give it a whirl!

Comment

• Originally posted by patto98 View Post

Both of those links are the exact ones that you've got in your car now? The CANBUS module that I have at the moment looks more or less identical to the one there, but I mean if you've got those and they work I guess I'll order it and give it a whirl!
        Yeah I don't know why they market them for a certain vehicle (in this case BMW) because they're H7. H7 is H7 no matter the car but those bulbs in that link have the led chip just in the correct position for the reflector lights in our version of the Insignia/Commodore.
        2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Yeah I don't know why they market them for a certain vehicle (in this case BMW) because they're H7. H7 is H7 no matter the car but those bulbs in that link have the led chip just in the correct position for the reflector lights in our version of the Insignia/Commodore.
          Just ordered these, thing I'm most concerned about is the electronic CANbus adapter, as so far I've had no luck with any combination of LED's and the error in the dash. My only thinking is that I'm trying AU CANbus adaptors with an EU vehicle and so an adaptor from the EU may fix it.

Comment

Just ordered these, thing I'm most concerned about is the electronic CANbus adapter, as so far I've had no luck with any combination of LED's and the error in the dash. My only thinking is that I'm trying AU CANbus adaptors with an EU vehicle and so that may fix it.
            I think they're all from china so I'm not sure they're regional. As I said. The ones that come with the bulbs throw up the errors but adding (not replacing) the separately bought resisters stopped the errors.

Comment

I think they're all from china so I'm not sure they're regional. As I said. The ones that come with the bulbs throw up the errors but adding (not replacing) the separately bought resisters stopped the errors.
              Yeah I’d have thought the same. However, I’ve tried a set that are sold at an auto chain store here and they didn’t work, as well as a cheaper set from China. Hopefully the ones you’ve recommended work for me too, fingers crossed!

Comment

• Also -- does anyone know of a convenient way to get at the high beam headlight bulb?

Comment

• I managed it just as it is. I know the bar makes it a bit more restrictive but it's easily doable. No extra resisters needed for high beam either so less to fit inside. I put cheaper H7 Nighteye LEDs in them because you're not relying on beam pattern in high beam.

Comment

I managed it just as it is. I know the bar makes it a bit more restrictive but it's easily doable. No extra resisters needed for high beam either so less to fit inside. I put cheaper H7 Nighteye LEDs in them because you're not relying on beam pattern in high beam.
                    I’ll have a try tomorrow, I haven’t actually gotten down and tried to do anything with them because of how they look, I’ll see how I go tomorrow. Have you still got halogens for your reverse and rear indicator lights, or did you replace them with LEDs too?

Comment

I’ll have a try tomorrow, I haven’t actually gotten down and tried to do anything with them because of how they look, I’ll see how I go tomorrow. Have you still got halogens for your reverse and rear indicator lights, or did you replace them with LEDs too?
                      Reverse are still halogens. I never bothered to change them. Rear indicators I replaced with LEDs but took them back out because they interfered with the DAB.

Comment

Reverse are still halogens. I never bothered to change them. Rear indicators I replaced with LEDs but took them back out because they interfered with the DAB.
                        What’s the process to get to the rear indicator globes? I know there’s the little compartments in the boot of the car with the 2 “nuts” you unscrew, but from there what’s the process? I might look into replacing them too, seeing as I don’t use DAB and much prefer the LED look.

Comment

• Is it worth doing a new Definitive LED Headlight list per chance now we all have more info to hand?

Comment

• Originally posted by Iansignia View Post
                            Is it worth doing a new Definitive LED Headlight list per chance now we all have more info to hand?
                            There is one at the beginning of this thread. The issue is links get old and some die.

Comment

What’s the process to get to the rear indicator globes? I know there’s the little compartments in the boot of the car with the 2 “nuts” you unscrew, but from there what’s the process? I might look into replacing them too, seeing as I don’t use DAB and much prefer the LED look.
                              Yeah you undo those two plastic thumb nuts and then wriggle the light until it pops out. It's in tight so takes a bit of getting out. Once out the rest is easy.

You might not have an issue with DAB. Others haven't. It was just one of the weaker stations I had the interference on but I like the station so got rid of the LEDs.

Comment

Yeah you undo those two plastic thumb nuts and then wriggle the light until it pops out. It's in tight so takes a bit of getting out. Once out the rest is easy.

You might not have an issue with DAB. Others haven't. It was just one of the weaker stations I had the interference on but I like the station so got rid of the LEDs.
                                Now here's a doozy; front high beam LED's were much easier to install than I expected, and they work a treat (so far, installed them this morning so haven't really done any night driving, but drove around my suburb a bit this morning with them on and there were no errors or anything). However, went and bought these this morning and installed them in the car, used the hazards to make sure that all the lights were working, no issues! Then later on in the day went for a drive and just used the actual indicator instead of hazards, they blink for 3 seconds no worries, and then rapidly blink and I get a warning in the dash; "Check rear right indicator lamp". Thought this was odd, so I went and swapped out the LED's I'd bought for these and still get the same error. So back to halogens for the moment.

Only thing that I can think of is that either we have dud LED's in our auto stores here (none of them are CANbus, so that could be the issue), or that our Commodore has a different CANbus system compared to the Insignia, which is making everything so difficult (although not sure why GM would go to that length to screw with us). I was going to go and try these bulbs too, but the one review that they've got that they need a resistor for them to work correctly. Not totally sure where to go from here (my only thought is to try and get a CANbus indicator LED that matches the same wattage as the ones we have, which I'm not totally sure what that is), although this has slashed my optimism for the headlights that you recommended for low beams, seeing as you had luck with off the shelf indicators.

Any recommendations on a particular set of indicator lights? Was thinking these, but again I'm not totally sure about the whole wattage thing..

Comment

Working...
                                X