Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi All, anybody have a video on how to take out the headlight bulbs on the new insignia B

Comment

• Hi

For removal you need to press the top of the tab forward and then remove the bulb-it was tight on mine but came after a bit of head scratching.

Did you ever get to the bottom of the bulb failure warning?
      When I tried the same bulbs I had the same issue with the light pattern on the lhs light also but turned out to be ever so slightly unseated which is now OK but I also keep getting the lh bulb failure warnings albeit not every time which is a little odd. I have also tried swapped the bulbs/resisters etc from side to side and it's always the left bulb failure warnings only regardless of swapping all components over individually etc.

Regards.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anthony W View Post
        Hi

For removal you need to press the top of the tab forward and then remove the bulb-it was tight on mine but came after a bit of head scratching.

Did you ever get to the bottom of the bulb failure warning?
        When I tried the same bulbs I had the same issue with the light pattern on the lhs light also but turned out to be ever so slightly unseated which is now OK but I also keep getting the lh bulb failure warnings albeit not every time which is a little odd. I have also tried swapped the bulbs/resisters etc from side to side and it's always the left bulb failure warnings only regardless of swapping all components over individually etc.

Regards.
        Just hijacking your comment!

When you say the top of the tab do you mean the one at the top of this photo that's slightly out of shot?

My OEM popped out without issue but getting the new one in has been hellish so been reading up on other people doing it and wondered about doing this in reverse!

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

• Anthony W
          Anthony W commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi, yes thats it-the after market bulbs were'nt that well seated so i bent the tabs on the two lower (4 and 8 O'clock positions) tabs in a little and now the fit more snugly.
          I still am getting the failure warning ie after 5-10 mins but then no further warnings for 1.5hr drive afterwards so am inclined to just live with it I think as the improvement is worth it.

• I have now read the whole post. Purchased the sets for the headlights as suggested by Marko. Going to have a go this weekend (weather permitting) Wish me luck.

I think I have the Insignia B, i.e. September 2017 new model?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben View Post
          I have now read the whole post. Purchased the sets for the headlights as suggested by Marko. Going to have a go this weekend (weather permitting) Wish me luck.

Yeah you do. The 1.5T is only available in the B.
          2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

• Originally posted by marko301 View Post

Yeah you do. The 1.5T is only available in the B.
            Next question.

Have read this sticky completely (as mentioned above) and I keen to upgrade my interior lighting also with LEDs. The list at the start has been updated, through but a while ago. Could someone post the list on interior bulbs again and where to get them from?

Comment

Next question.

Have read this sticky completely (as mentioned above) and I keen to upgrade my interior lighting also with LEDs. The list at the start has been updated, through but a while ago. Could someone post the list on interior bulbs again and where to get them from?
              Interior bulbs are already LEDs in the insignia B. Not sure about the one in the boot though. It's on the yellowish side so I suspect it's a halogen.
              2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Interior bulbs are already LEDs in the insignia B. Not sure about the one in the boot though. It's on the yellowish side so I suspect it's a halogen.
                Interesting, I might sit in it later tonight by myself on the driveway whilst sipping a rum and coke and look at the lights. I might also think of other things I can do to my car.

Comment

I have now read the whole post. Purchased the sets for the headlights as suggested by Marko. Going to have a go this weekend (weather permitting) Wish me luck.

All done. Very successful. A little bit fidley with my big hands. Looks good. Great advice from all.

Comment

All done. Very successful. A little bit fidley with my big hands. Looks good. Great advice from all.
                    Yeah main beam is a bit fiddly because of the strut going over the top but other than that it's pretty straight forward. Looks miles better one the road and the look of the car.

Comment

Yeah main beam is a bit fiddly because of the strut going over the top but other than that it's pretty straight forward. Looks miles better one the road and the look of the car.
                      Update: Low beam left failure error today

I installed all correctly. The only thing I can think is to swap the error blockers over?

Any other ideas?

Comment

Update: Low beam left failure error today

I installed all correctly. The only thing I can think is to swap the error blockers over?

Any other ideas?
                        Has it stayed? Since having LEDs in my low beam I've had the right say failure 2 or 3 times (that's over a couple of years though) but it goes away. It's as if the car reads for errors before the error resistors kick in.

If it's stayed it could be a dodgy resister. See what happens when you swap them around.

Comment

• Just thought I’d give an update for anyone who is browsing the web looking to upgrade their lights and happens to see this. For the last 9 months with my main beam been running the “F2” H7 LED’s with no problems at all, they need resistors (literally any “H7 CANBUS Resistor”) to not have any errors in the dash, but otherwise they work a treat. As for high beams I just have some generic LED’s that I bought in aid of using them for my main beam but they gave errors even with resistors, however they work fine in the high beam (without resistor).

I’ve also put a new LED in the boot, I specifically put these in there, but any T10 LED will work, nicer white light and for the price I figured why not. After months of hunting around I found some LED reverse lights that work too, these are the ONLY ones that I’ve found that work (they were the 6th ones I’d tried too, all at different wattage and amperages), everything else will stay illuminated even when the car is completely shut off and locked which I imagine will kill your battery, and also when the car is in drive the reverse camera will stay on the infotainment screen. I will note that they are massive lights in terms of fitting into the housing, they take a bit of wiggling around to get in there, but they do fit in and I’ve had them in for a while too, and they work a treat, again a much nicer white light, however they didn’t actually improve lighting as much as I had hoped (I find that the brightness of the infotainment screen at night when the car is in reverse and showing the camera is so bright, that it actually makes it harder to see what’s going on in the mirrors, but I have an odd fix for that too).

As for side indicators, I ended up getting these, more so because i like how the black looked on my car than for the actual LED effect. I didn’t get the “dynamic” ones that have the flowing effect like you see on Audi’s seeing as I figured that on such a small surface it probably doesn’t make a whole lot of sense, and instead I just have ones that illuminate the whole line at once. These are noticeably brighter than the ones that it replaced as well, I do notice sometimes when peering out the window looking down that they illuminate the ground when at the lights with the indicators on.

And finally, rear indicators, I posted some a few months back that worked (these) however, I did notice that a few weeks in when I was sitting at the traffic lights for an extended amount of time with the indicator on, that they would eventually start to hyper flash, I assume because the LED’s would warm up and not need as much power to illuminate or something to that extent. I left them in and was just conscious to not leave the indicators on for a long period of time (probably anything over 60-90 seconds), these also were SUPER bright and I needed to tape up part of them with electric tape so that they weren’t as blinding for the people behind me in traffic. Since then I did find these and they are much more suitable for the car, they must have some form of a resistor built into the light, because they are not as bright as the other LED’s I had earlier (although still much much much brighter than the halogens, but I just haven’t needed to tape over them because they’re too bright like the others), however they do not do the hyperflashing after an extended period of time, I’ve sat in my car for more than 5 minutes with the indicator on just to test and see if they would do it happy to report there was no issue, so if you’re looking to replace your rear indicators with LED’s those are the way to go. As for interference with radio/DAB frequencies, I personally do not use the radio very often at all, but i can’t say I’ve noticed any degradation in signal when I have used it, so seems to be fine on that behalf too. As for the fix with the reversing LED’s not being as bright as i would have liked to be able to see easily, putting on the indicator if I’m parking and want to be able to see the curb in the mirror or whatever seems to work completely fine, illuminates everything more than enough for in the camera and in the mirror, so that’s what I’ve been doing so far, works a treat.

All that I’ve got left in the car that is halogen (to my knowledge) is the rear fog light, which I’ll probably look into replacing at some point with an LED replacement, however I’ve also never used the fog lights in the 18 months that I’ve had the car (and because I have the GSI front bumper, I don’t have front fog lights so using them is kind of pointless), so it is not at all on the priority list. I’m probably going to look at replacing my high beam with a light that is “higher” because I find that the one that I have which was just a cheap set of LED’s doesn’t actually augment the main beam all that much when flicking between the two, or not as much as i would like anyway, so note to anyone that is looking at replacing any LED’s, don’t go for the cheaper ones because yes they will light up the road, but there is a difference between the $25 LED’s and the $60 ones.

Comment

• Might try some of those indicator bulbs. I took the other LEDs out of mine.

Comment

Might try some of those indicator bulbs. I took the other LEDs out of mine.
                              $54 for indicator bulbs!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X