X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by La Grenouille View Post
    So i retry today with the new cambus!

For the moment it works! Thanks marko301 to your advice to close the vehicle 10min, before I always had the error message.

Another question: Between the LED, the cambus and the ballast, everything fits into the headlight but it's a bit of a mess. Is it the same for you ? It's not dangerous ?
    Good to hear it's working.

It doesn't really matter what it looks like in there because it's hidden once the cover is on. All I will say is make sure none of it is obstructing the fan on the back of the bulb.
    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

• ok so tonight, i see the error message for the right side.

she will drive me crazy this car

EDIT: This morning. Everything is fine.

Do you have an explanation ?

Thanks

Comment

• Just installed the nighteye h7 main beams but appears to sprout the error message "low beam failure". Not sure if i should send them back to the merchant as they had advertised "error free" bulbs.

It didn't cost much so i might try another brand if that has worked for others in their Insignia B.

Comment

• The main beam aren't canbus. It's the dipped beam throwing up the error. Did you buy the resisters for the dipped beam? If so, try swapping them around. See if it does it on the left.
          2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

• Originally posted by marko301 View Post
            The main beam aren't canbus. It's the dipped beam throwing up the error. Did you buy the resisters for the dipped beam? If so, try swapping them around. See if it does it on the left.
            But i didn't change the dipped beam. How would it throw up the error?

Comment

• Originally posted by nullifi3d View Post
              But i didn't change the dipped beam. How would it throw up the error?
              Oh that's odd. Still....have you tried swapping the sides over? I ask because it happened with my dipped beam when I first fitted them. When I swapped them around, the error went.

Comment

• Do you still have halogens in your dipped bam then? Are you planning on changing them too?

Comment

Do you still have halogens in your dipped bam then? Are you planning on changing them too?
                  Yes my dipped beams remain with the stock halogen. Not planning to change them.

Sorry but what were u referring in terms of swapping the sides? Do you mean swapping the resistors from left to right?

Comment

Yes my dipped beams remain with the stock halogen. Not planning to change them.

Sorry but what were u referring in terms of swapping the sides? Do you mean swapping the resistors from left to right?
                    Yeah swap the bulbs from left to right. see if you still get the error. Resistors? Have you used resistors? I didn't need resistors in my main beam.

Comment

Yeah swap the bulbs from left to right. see if you still get the error. Resistors? Have you used resistors? I didn't need resistors in my main beam.
                      Let me try swapping them left to right. Nah, i didn't use any resistors at all.

Otherwise do you think it would be wise to just continue driving with the error message?

Comment

Let me try swapping them left to right. Nah, i didn't use any resistors at all.

Otherwise do you think it would be wise to just continue driving with the error message?
                        It would irritate me if the error message came up every time I started the car but if you can put up with it yeah. I still don't understand why it's doing it though. The bulbs I have in my main beam I originally had in my dipped beam and they threw up errors. I moved them to my main beam and got no errors.

When I fitted leds in my dipped beam using resisters I got a right low buld out error so turned off and swapped from right to left to see if it shifted the error to the other side but got no error. Not sure if I'd not originally plugged the cable in correctly but all have worked fine since. Well over a year now.

Comment

• Hey guys,

I’ve got a Holden Commodore ZB, which is just a rebadged Insignia (same engine/model as the Buick Regal GS) and have been trying to source some LEDs for it.

I’ve tried a few different types of lights from stores here (such as JW Speaker with LED CANBUS built in, as well as different LEDs with their CANBUS adaptor) but have had no luck. I always get the Check Dipped Beam error message. Dash ErrorJust wondering if there is any specific CANBUS modules or LED lights (or a combination) that you guys have had luck with that don’t give errors? I’ve read about having resistors installed but I’m not particularly keen on how hot they get and the need to mount them outside the dust cap etc, so I’d much prefer an “electronic” CANBUS method that can all be tucked away inside.

Cheers!

Comment

• Originally posted by patto98 View Post
                            Hey guys,

I’ve got a Holden Commodore ZB, which is just a rebadged Insignia (same engine/model as the Buick Regal GS) and have been trying to source some LEDs for it.

I’ve tried a few different types of lights from stores here (such as JW Speaker with LED CANBUS built in, as well as different LEDs with their CANBUS adaptor) but have had no luck. I always get the Check Dipped Beam error message. Dash ErrorJust wondering if there is any specific CANBUS modules or LED lights (or a combination) that you guys have had luck with that don’t give errors? I’ve read about having resistors installed but I’m not particularly keen on how hot they get and the need to mount them outside the dust cap etc, so I’d much prefer an “electronic” CANBUS method that can all be tucked away inside.

Cheers!

we always like when new members join our forum, but we also like to keep it tidy and prefer new members to make they're first post an introduction post.
                            So........would you please visit this section of the forum ( click link )

and introduce yourself properly to everyone.

Tell us a bit about yourself and maybe share a pic or 2 of your car.

Thanks...………...much appreciated.

Comment

• In my dipped beam I found even though the LED kit came with cancellers I still had to buy and fit some of these too https://www.ebay.ie/itm/x2PCS-H7-LED...8AAOSwrR5biSKt You can still fit them inside the headlight housing. They don't get hot. I've had my current ones in for over a year now with no issues.

The main concern I and a few other members have had is getting the correct LEDs. On most bulbs the chip doesn't sit withing the metal sheath in the headlight and causes an incorrect scattered beam pattern. Then one of the members found these https://www.ebay.ie/itm/264261797730?ul_noapp=true which give a better cut off.

Which LED bulbs do you have and what is your beam pattern like?

Comment

In my dipped beam I found even though the LED kit came with cancellers I still had to buy and fit some of these too https://www.ebay.ie/itm/x2PCS-H7-LED...8AAOSwrR5biSKt You can still fit them inside the headlight housing. They don't get hot. I've had my current ones in for over a year now with no issues.

The main concern I and a few other members have had is getting the correct LEDs. On most bulbs the chip doesn't sit withing the metal sheath in the headlight and causes an incorrect scattered beam pattern. Then one of the members found these https://www.ebay.ie/itm/264261797730?ul_noapp=true which give a better cut off.

Which LED bulbs do you have and what is your beam pattern like?
                                which do you have in now marko301 - the Safego ones of the ones in the ebay link?

Comment

Working...
                                X