Car
    Insignia Grand Sport Elite Nav
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forum Key Rings
    [QUOTE=cmor;293733]These work in the rear indicators, without errors. Although the pins are not quite right, they do fit in the socket and work fine: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Okay, I got stopped by the Police last night! They were sat two cars behind me and said the rear indicators were blinding other drivers

They were okay about it, just told me to remove them.

So they may not be the best option.
    2018 Insignia Grand Sport Elite Nav, Flip Chip Silver, Intelilux Matrix LED headlights, 20" alloys, custom dual exhaust, 8" dash display, VX Flexride, Head up display, heated windscreen, heated steering wheel, front and rear heated leather seats. Retrofitted power fold exterior mirrors with LED puddle lights.

Drift King

Car
    2015 Insignia hatch
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=cmor;293942]
    Quote Originally Posted by cmor View Post
    These work in the rear indicators, without errors. Although the pins are not quite right, they do fit in the socket and work fine: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Okay, I got stopped by the Police last night! They were sat two cars behind me and said the rear indicators were blinding other drivers

They were okay about it, just told me to remove them.

So they may not be the best option.
    Just a thought Graham,,could you not black out the end leds with some black paint ,so its not as full on, in your face bright
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav Biturbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash . LED Fog surrounds.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs all round. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.

Car
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=exclusiv.;293948]
    Quote Originally Posted by cmor View Post

Just a thought Graham,,could you not black out the end leds with some black paint ,so its not as full on, in your face bright
    That might be an option Dave, but I think it's more to do with the light that comes out from the reflector, they are really bright LED's.
    I tried one with a normal bulb in and the LED is actually brighter than the tail lights.
    2018 Insignia Grand Sport Elite Nav, Flip Chip Silver, Intelilux Matrix LED headlights, 20" alloys, custom dual exhaust, 8" dash display, VX Flexride, Head up display, heated windscreen, heated steering wheel, front and rear heated leather seats. Retrofitted power fold exterior mirrors with LED puddle lights.

4. Likes exclusiv. liked
    Car
    Kia Optima 1.7 CRDI DCT 4D EX Premium Pack 2017
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In some modern cars especially in the dark conditions, I feel the stock rear LED indicators and brake lights are very bright , almost blinding when sitting behind them. But this surprises me. Aren't they supposed to be seen clearly? Of course blinding is a bit different, but still, are they really that bright?

Speed Demon
    Car
    2017 Insignia Grand Sport SRi Nav 1.5 Turbo petrol
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I fitted mine in the summer I was driving back from Whitby in the dark with my son following in his car. He rang me then to say they were blinding him and his wife but I put it down to their eyes being drawn to them because they knew I'd just changed them and me asking them to check them out.
    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” bi colour alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front sports seats with driver’s AGR - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - OnStar connection - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 incorporating Androidauto/Apple CarPlay and DAB

Car
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by karsta View Post
    In some modern cars especially in the dark conditions, I feel the stock rear LED indicators and brake lights are very bright , almost blinding when sitting behind them. But this surprises me. Aren't they supposed to be seen clearly? Of course blinding is a bit different, but still, are they really that bright?
    Yes they are. I got level with them when I got back home and you can't look at them, they are too bright.

Speed Demon
    Car
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've taken mine out and covered the end LEDs chips and a row of the chips on the side to tone them down a bit. Here's a before and after shot and a short video of them working.

2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” bi colour alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front sports seats with driver’s AGR - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - OnStar connection - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 incorporating Androidauto/Apple CarPlay and DAB

9. Thanks cmor Thanked
    Likes cmor liked
    Car
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marko301 View Post
    I've taken mine out and covered the end LEDs chips and a row of the chips on the side to tone them down a bit. Here's a before and after shot and a short video of them working.

The tape is a good idea, does it reduce the brightness a lot?

Speed Demon
    Car
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's trial and error at the moment but I think so. It's not eye piercing when you look directly into them but I think the real test will be at night when our eyes are adjusted for the dark.

I'm pretty confident that sorted it but I'll add more tape if it's still to bright. It's Gorilla Tape by the way....Very sticky so hopefully it won't come unstuck. I held the bulb in my hand while it was flashing and it stays cool.

Speed Demon
    Car
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just remembered I have footage from when I first fitted them so here is the video of them with the tape on and below that the video without the tape.

13. Thanks cmor Thanked

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast