Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi can anyone help I’m a newbie! Upgrading 2015 halogen to Led nighteye dipped beam ? The bulbs won’t light up when plugged in, but I tested bulbs when off the car and they seem fine ? Is there resistors needed for the insignia to light them up?

Comment

• Your right you’ll need load resistors

Comment

• Originally posted by markinuckfield View Post
        Your right you’ll need load resistors
        Ok, first Vauxhall and surprised as others cars Iv had are all plug and play for led bulbs, I get the resistors in ebay mate??

Comment

• Yes, or just get canbus compatible bulbs

Comment

• Ok mate can you send me a link to both please

Comment

• I have done a little LED Change here is what I found
              Front Map 501A Type
              Front Vanity Mirrors Fuse Type 6.3mm Dia
              Front Footwell Festoon 36-39 mm Length
              Glovebox Festoon Ditto above..
              Rear Dome 501A Type
              Trunk/Boot Festoon 36-39 mm Length
              All fitted with no hiccups, just make sure you get the right temps for blue or brilliant white light ??

Comment

• Originally posted by huey45 View Post
                I have done a little LED Change here is what I found
                Front Map 501A Type
                Front Vanity Mirrors Fuse Type 6.3mm Dia
                Front Footwell Festoon 36-39 mm Length
                Glovebox Festoon Ditto above..
                Rear Dome 501A Type
                Trunk/Boot Festoon 36-39 mm Length
                All fitted with no hiccups, just make sure you get the right temps for blue or brilliant white light ??
                Is this list for Insignia A? Almost all interior bulbs were LEDs from the factory in Insignia B.

Maybe someone could create a similar thread about Insignia A's bulbs? It think it would be useful.

Comment

• Hi guys, wondeing if there is anyone on here that can help me out.

I have a 2013 insignia estate and im haveing a problem with the lights the drl's wont come on during the day and at night the passenger side low beam wont come on but the drl does and the drivers side low beam is on but the drl isnt.

Now i have checked all the fuses and the bulbs nothing is blown the low beam fuses dont exsist in the fuse bosx should be 49/50 no fuses there or pins to hold the fuses and have tryed google to find the issues but cant find anything. Anyone els had this problem?

Thanks
                  Nath

Comment

• has anyone checked the tape on their LED rear indicator bulbs,..... seems that a lot are experiencing the tape melting. Checking mine this weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roberts2k View Post
                      Hi guys, wondeing if there is anyone on here that can help me out.

I have a 2013 insignia estate and im haveing a problem with the lights the drl's wont come on during the day and at night the passenger side low beam wont come on but the drl does and the drivers side low beam is on but the drl isnt.

Now i have checked all the fuses and the bulbs nothing is blown the low beam fuses dont exsist in the fuse bosx should be 49/50 no fuses there or pins to hold the fuses and have tryed google to find the issues but cant find anything. Anyone els had this problem?

Thanks
                      Nath
                      marko301 - can you move this to the relevant section, don't think anyone will ind this to read and offer a solution with it being an Insignia B specific page....

Comment

• Originally posted by Chewy1971 View Post
                        marko301 - can you move this to the relevant section, don't think anyone will ind this to read and offer a solution with it being an Insignia B specific page....
                        It's a post, not a thread. There needs to be an existing thread to move it to.
                        2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

• Originally posted by marko301 View Post
                          It's a post, not a thread. There needs to be an existing thread to move it to.
                          boooo,.. have a read of my post number 114 - checking my indicator bulbs this weekend - melting tape!!

Comment

boooo,.. have a read of my post number 114 - checking my indicator bulbs this weekend - melting tape!!
                            Hmmm yeah. I think I'll check mine.
                            2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

I've decided to remove mine and put the halogens back in because weaker DAB signals are affected when the LEDs are flashing. I'm glad I have because the tape was melting and it had shrunk due to the heat exposing the LEDs around the sides again which makes them too bright.

There's probably better tape out there some kind of heat tape should do it but that won't sort the DAB interference so mine aren't going back in.

Comment

• doing the same marko301 - the standard bulbs though are noticably brighter than the Insignia A Indicators.

Comment

Working...
                                X